General Ledger, Associate & Senior Associate (RTR)
Fixed bonus of 1 month
Valuable migration/transition opportunities
About Our Client
Stanley Black & Decker is a Fortune 500 company that manufactures industrial tools and household hardware. This American MNC is well known for their excellent company culture, supporting their employees' needs through career development, training opportunities and global operations exposure. Stanley Black & Decker is a dynamic, innovative, and rapidly expanding company which has grown consistently. After a strong 2016, they are looking to further build on this in 2017.
Within a newly setup Shared Services Centre supporting the APAC Region. Stanley Black & Decker is currently seeking talented candidates to be part of the pioneer team. This is an opportunity to contribute to the culture of an SSC, ensuring all accounting activities are performed in accordance to the group policy and best practices. If you are an experienced finance shared services candidate looking for a highly exciting challenge in transition activities, you are highly encouraged to apply.
Stanley Black and Decker are looking for accounting professionals for their Record-to-Report team. The primary responsibility is to ensure accurate, transparent and timely closing and reporting of financial information.
- Responsible for the management of the month-end closing process, including posting of month end journals, preparation of inter-company cross charges, ensuring accurate, transparent and timely reporting for monthly, quarterly and yearly results.
- Ensure accounting standards and policies are implemented and observed for both internal (US GAAP compliant) and external - local GAAP and fiscal reporting requirements
- Maintain and improve the control environment to ensure compliance with the Delegation of Authority, Sarbanes Oxley and other best practice control requirements
- Drive core control processes such as balance sheet reconciliations ensuring these are prepared timely, for all accounts and are reconciled to a high quality with all items understood
- To ensure clear communication of accounting issues identified and make sure these issues are tracked, resolved promptly and processes improved to prevent recurrence of the issue
- Manage audit process with both internal and external auditors ensuring statutory filings are made on time and accurately in liaison with Regional / Country Controllers
- Drive process improvement initiatives
- Support all new ERP & support systems implementations ensuring these are configured, tested and rolled out seamlessly without impact on control, timeliness or accuracy
- Drive management reporting and initiatives to improve / achieve targets set on key KPIs / Controllership Scorecard
- Support Ad hoc Projects
The Successful Applicant
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related; qualified accountants will have a huge advantage.
- At least 2-6 years of experience in full sets of accounts and reporting.
- Highly adaptable to feedback and change.
- Experience in working in a shared services team is an added advantage
- Experience using SAP, while also having skills in MS Office and MS Excel.
- Good command of business English
- Possess a high level of integrity and a positive working attitude within a team environment.
What's on Offer
- Attractive remuneration package: Juniors: RM3,000 - RM4,500, Seniors: RM4,500- RM6,500
- Fixed bonus of 1 month
- Valuable migration/transition opportunities
- Convenient location accessible by public transport.
- Opportunity to rotate to other functions.