Finance Shared Services Director (APAC)
An opportunity to develop your credibility in a well known global MNC
A great opportunity to develop your business & strategic leadership skills
About Our Client
Our client is a Fortune 500 company which just newly set up their APAC Shared Services and they are looking for a suitable candidate for the role of Finance Shared Services Director (APAC) to complete the setup of the center.
- Develop and implement the strategy for the center.
- Effective integration of new countries, businesses or activities into the center.
- Manage all aspects of daily operations ensuring standard processes are adopted. Operating within an agreed budget, meeting or exceeding SLAs and delivering continuous improvement targets.
- Working with IT and the GPOs to implement best practice process and technologies.
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of financial results.
- Implement an effective control environment including KPIs and reviews that ensure the quality of service delivery and a positive customer experience.
- Build relationships with senior leadership, both finance and business, in the region and leverage this to promote the services provided, proactively resolve issues and expand the services delivered.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures including SOX.
- Support M&A activities, perform due diligence and integrate acquisitions.
- Provide support as required for internal and external audit.
- Work with HR to develop onboarding and training programs to equip the team with skills required to perform their work effectively and add value by working with business to solve problems.
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to the management team to develop talent and build a robust succession plan.
- Support and drive finance transformation initiatives and other adhoc projects as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Professional Degree or MBA and MUST be a member of any professional accounting body ( ACCA/CIMA/CA/CPA/MIA )
- 10+ years of experience of management in shared services and business finance roles.
- A passion for process excellence & continuous improvement - change agent.
- Experience of starting a new delivery center in the APAC region.
- Experience in leading transformation | integration projects and effective change management
- Strong ERP systems knowledge (SAP required)
- Track record in people development & building strong teams.
- Excellent interpersonal | communication skills, able to build relationships at all levels of the business.
- Experience working in a US multinational and effectively operating in a matrix environment.
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary package (RM25,000 to RM35,000 depending on experience)
- Opportunity to step into a more progressive position in a prestigious global MNC