Finance Analyst, General Accounting
Key role in world leading Shared Services Centre
Environment that values your contribution
About Our Client
Our client is one of the world largest pharmaceutical goods group with amazing global presence. Operating in across five continents, they are one of the world's largest private sector employers. As a people focused organization, they believe in hiring the best talent to produce the best results.
With decades of experience in providing complex solutions for our medical needs, this organization is looking out for assertive and charismatic Finance Analyst, General Accounting to join them. Join their established hub and be a business partner to their APAC business region!
As this role is essential to the organization, it is vital you have a track record of delivery and proven experience. Among the many responsibilities, some are listed below:
- Work with local affiliate Finance organization to understand affiliate activities, prepare trial balance package including standard metrics, investigate trial balance account fluctuations to understand and document drivers for review by SSC management and affiliate controller sign-off.
- Conduct trial balance review call with local controllers.
- Ensure adherence to strict month end and year end deadlines.
- Perform quality reviews, root cause analysis and suggest process improvements to resolve issues.
- Facilitate a structured review of key processes for shared learning and continuous improvement.
- Build Strong Working Relationships with controllers and accountants for assigned affiliates and with other SSC functions.
- Identify appropriate reconciliation methodology and supporting documentation based on the type of account being reconciled.
- Work with others to gather appropriate reconciliation supporting documentation.
- Identify when reconciliation repository tool needs master data maintained, utilize reconciliation repository tool to document account reconciliations and route for approval.
- Escalation of issues and any unresolved aged items.
- Review/approve reconciliation prepared by BPO.
- Review and assess if parked journal voucher accounting entry is appropriate with clear business rationale, adequate supporting documentation to support the purpose of journal voucher and source of information is clearly defined.
- In the event of rejection, clearly communicate reason for rejecting JV request to requestor.
- Identify and prepare a journal vouchers when needed.
- Understand key control processes and ensure compliance of SOX Control.
- Ensure all GA SOX and Operational Key controls are performed timely.
- Escalate issues to management.
- Maximize SAP knowledge, keep policies and procedures updated, and participate in testing of SAP and other technology enablers for GA.
- Ensure compliance with internal control processes and corporate policies and participate in projects related to global process improvement & standardization for GA and integration of BPO partner
- Lead governance call with affiliates.
- Prepare and analyse metrics.
The Successful Applicant
An ideal candidate for this role should come with:
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or other relevant fields.
- Candidates with a professional qualification (ACCA, CPA, ICAEW, etc.) or currently in pursuit of a professional qualification would have an added advantage.
- 2 - 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in using SAP systems would be preferred.
- Stakeholder management abilities across all levels
- Sharp analytical sense and skills
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
- Strong and engaging business partner
What's on Offer
- Attractive remuneration package (RM5,000 - RM7,500 depending on experience)
- Great exposure in a world class setup
- Excellent career growth opportunities with regional exposure.