Export Sales Manager - Asia Pacific
Chance to grow a business at great speed and the remit to grow the APAC region
Great career progression as part of a leading MNC
About Our Client
Our client is one of the global market leaders in entry and security solutions with over 100 years of experience in design, engineering and manufacturing quality solutions. Our client has gained extensive expertise across numerous industries, from the likes of office buildings, airports, healthcare facilities, hotels etc. As part of the ambitious growth plans we have the pleasure of recruiting a Regional Export Sales Manager focusing on the Asia Pacific region who will have the mandate of generating business growth.
As part of their expansion plan in the region, our client seeks a strategic professional to work closely with the global office. The main responsibility would be on positioning, marketing, selling related entry and security solutions to ensure sustainability and safety for the clients. The Export Sales Manager also fulfils an active commercial role alongside international colleagues such as participating in international tender procedures involving international operating system integrators, global accounts, end clients or governments/institutions. Considering the remote management, this role requires a high level of independency & drive, combined with strong sense of alignment in close & continuous cooperation with the Managing Director.
Key responsibilities will involve:
- Pro-actively monitor, identify and pursue opportunities for new markets and/or new distributors, resellers, system integrators, partners and end clients across the APAC region.
- Draft business plans and conduct feasibility studies for new markets and/or target groups.
- Analyze & drive the results of exiting business and use these to advise the Managing Director on the measures to be taken and report on the annual Export Sales Plan, including objectives, budget and action plans.
- Attend conferences and visit potential clients and partners and continuously report on status & opportunities.
Sales Distributors and others
- Manage existing and growing new sales to distributors, system integrators, partners, global accounts and end clients in accordance with the Export Sales Plan. This also includes coaching, identifying distributor skill development necessities, coordinating training, facilitating and managing, as well as assessing the results of marketing, sales, installation and maintenance services.
- Advise and inform clients of prices, technical implementation, the application of different entrance types, etc., and draft and follow up on quotes to clients for special requests/direct sales (parties with whom we have no contract) in consultation with the Account Manager.
- Monitor & actively manage all client-related information exchanges, project progress, marketing & sales funnel activity and report on periodically on budget, forecast & financial performance
- Monitors and works closely with the account managers in sales support, after sales and technical support.
Distributor skills and development performance
- Determine the framework for implementing tasks by distributors, in accordance with the Boon Edam guidelines.
- Develop the right distributor tools and competences (marketing, sales, delivery, installation and service).
- Ensure implementation by the distributors and secure contractual arrangements & adherence.
- Align distributors/partners with operational processess to optimise alignment . Implement process improvements to optimise distributor service provision and/or drive potential improvements to distributors.
The Successful Applicant
Based in Malaysia, our client is looking for high calibre Malaysian candidates (Malaysian ex-pats looking to return to Malaysia are also encouraged to apply) who have an exceptional track record of driving sales growth within an MNC environment
Key requirements include:
- An absolute minimum of 10 years' experience in a similar function preferably in an MNC, corporate environment. Ideally strong experience in distributor management across Asia Pacific region and building consultative partnerships.
- A demonstrable commercial track record of driving Sales and over-achieving Sales target.
- Strong personality with excellent verbal and non-verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Good stakeholder management and an ability to manage vertical and horizontal relationships
- As this is a regional remit (Asia Pacific) you will be open to and willing to travel both locally (80%) and abroad
- You will be well-versed with contractual (distributor) negotiations, and in Export (negotiation of sales conditions and delivery terms)
What's on Offer
- Regional remit with the scope to grow a business at great speed
- A real opportunity to act as an entrepreneur and take ownership for the Asia-Pacific business
- Great career progression as part of a leading MNC
- Excellent salary and benefits
- Flexibility & high level of independence