A binational commission to promote educational exchanges
Executive Director position in a well established organisation
About Our Client
Our Client is seeking an Executive Director. The Executive Director will direct the daily operational activities of a bi-national commission established to implement and administer the Cultural Exchange Program and other educational exchange activities in Malaysia. The Executive Director implements programs and policies as directed by the Board of Directors (BOD).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic and technical leadership for the Organisation
- Serve as the principal liaison with stakeholders, including the Board of Directors, respective governments, and private sector partners
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with local, regional, and international organizations and universities
- Responsible for overseeing all operational and financial matters, including creating operational and program budget(s); developing strategic, marketing, and fund raising plans; and ensuring programs are implemented on schedule and within the approved budget
- Ensure proper protocols and SOPs are in place and followed in relation to the safety and security
- Supervise, manage, and mentor staff and work in close coordination with the BOD
- Oversee monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of the organisation and individual program activities
- Represent the organisation publicly and support its organizational development
- Fund-raise from private sector donors and ensure adequate levels of support from government sources
- Other duties, as assigned
The Successful Applicant
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in Business Management, Education, Social Sciences, Public Administration or a related field of study
- Prior work experience managing a non-profit or education-related organization.
- At least 10 years of experience in relevant technical and management roles
- At least 10 years providing leadership, management and organizational skills, overseeing complex, geographically diverse operations. Experience in budgeting, establishing and maintaining internal controls and recruitment and management of staff.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior government officials, education professionals, media, civil society and private sector leaders, international donors and other stakeholders
- Proven leadership qualities and excellent management skills, including board/donor relations experience
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage budgets and plan both strategically and creatively to meet Organisation's objectives
- Ability to function effectively, exert influence and gain consensus at all organizational levels as well as with a wide variety of external stakeholders
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English required. Bahasa Melayu skills a bonus.
- Competency in financial and management affairs.
- Public-sector grant experience strongly preferred.
What's on Offer
- A fulfilling and intellectually stimulating work environment
- Good remuneration and benefits