Updated on 09/10/2020
- Opportunity to join one of the biggest industry player in the region
- Very attractive compensation package
About Our Client
Our client is one of the biggest building material manufacturers in the region. With an annual turnover of over a billion dollar, they've been one of the industry leader in the region for decades.
As their business is expanding aggressively, they are looking for a Director of Operations to join their management team and to help lead & drive their operations in East Malaysia.
As this role is essential to the organization and will be leading a team close to 2000 employees, it is vital you come with a track record of delivery and proven experience. Among the many responsibilities some are listed below:
- Responsible for overall plant operations with specific focus on production output, supply chain, quality, capacity target, engineering and planning
- Monitor the results of the various departments under your care through systematic data collection.
- Analyse and execute action plan for continuous improvements.
- Plan and drive CAPEX to align with corporate and business direction
- Govern proper documentations in compliant to quality, HSE and ISO standards.
- Working closely with the management team and report any process deviations and to provide action plans and monthly company performance report according to the group standard.
- Stay up to date with latest development in the industry and propose production development planning
- Ensure implementation of group's mission, vision and core values.
- Other tasks or any additional duties to be assigned by the top management.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be confident in leading the business and steering the company to the most profitable position while implementing its vision, mission and long term goals. It's critical you have an all rounded experience in operations, supply chain, financial acumen and must possess the requirements below:
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Material) coupled with minimum 20 years of experience with the most recent 3 years spent in a General Manager/Plant/Operations Director role.
- Prior experience in building material (steel, wood, cement/concrete) is a preferable
- Proven leadership capabilities, especially in managing large headcounts (at least 1000) and is willing to be hands on whenever needed to
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, strong communications, and a spirit of resourcefulness.
- Must be able to converse and write in English and Malay.
- Ability to converse in Mandarin is a must
- Willing to be based in Sarawak
- Only open to Malaysian Candidates
What's on Offer
- Very attractive salary package (accommodation & transport provided)
- Career progression