Director, IT Solution Delivery (Life Insurance)
Progression to Regional VP role
An opportunity to develop your credibility in a Fortune 500 MNC
About Our Client
The Company is a Fortune 500 US multinational and a global leader in their respective industry and they are looking for an ambitious individual for the Director, IT Solution Delivery role to inculcate the culture of embracing changes as organization progresses and transforms. This person will also participate in major digital intiatives and strategic initiatives in Asia which have the budget size of 500K-1M++ in their requirements and testing related workstream both in Agile or Waterfall methodology.
- Establish governance for delivering quality requirement and testing; set up forum with various stakeholders to communicate, discuss and align.
- Provide guidance to in-country BSA on best practices and advice next steps based on project/initiative conditions.
- In some cases, may be required to work with business stakeholders directly to research and analyse all aspects of existing business practices and procedures, elicit requirements, as well as configuring and testing the solution to ensure quality.
- Handling needs assessments and cost/benefit analysis to align the technology with business strategies.
- As required, recommends controls by identifying problems; documenting improved procedures.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Assess requirements, work with vendors to produce test estimations, and work with in country project manager to stand up the appropriate test team for test preparation and test planning.
- Provide guidance on risk based testing approach and test optimization
- Handles escalations that could not be resolved at the project or test team level
- Researches industry best practices and trends to constantly evolve the requirements and testing practice.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of the testing processes, technology and infrastructure, specialising on insurance domain
- Provides intermediate level consulting services to project teams and management on implementation of testing methodology, tools and techniques
- Acts as an acknowledged expert for less experienced staff and to assist colleagues on other teams.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field
- 10+ years broad experience in Information Technologies; 8+ years experience in insurance industry
- Preferably subject matter expert in life insurance products and operations, testing concepts, tools, and methodology.
- Experience in working with virtual/offshore teams.
- Experience in developing and conducting test processes for multiple types of systems, client users and/or units across an organization.
- Extensive knowledge of software development life cycle, infrastructure, products and services
- Hands-on experience in end to end test activities including test strategies, test planning and estimation, test execution and test automation
- Ability to develop methodology documents based on self-initiated interviews, diagrams, surveys and workflow analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as fundamental technical troubleshooting abilities.
- Consultative, partnering, facilitating and influencing skills with many audiences and cultures locally, regionally and globally.
- Excellent facilitation skill to collaborate with the business partners through decision making process and gain consensus to reach sign-off
- Knowledge of life insurance products and a background in operations is mandatory.
- Willingness to work in a collaborative environment
- Highly organized but willing to adjust direction when necessary
- Fluent in English and Mandarin and superior written and oral communication skills
- Must possess comfort and openness to a heavy matrix management organization with many "dotted line" reporting relations locally, regionally, and US based.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment. Demonstrated ability to work calmly in a demanding work environment subject to a variety of pressures and constraints
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary package (RM25,000 to RM30,000 depending on experience)
- Opportunity to step into a more progressive position in a prestigious global MNC