Opportunity to join one of Malaysia leading fine dining chain of restaurants
Clear line to be the next CEO with one to one coaching with the Founding Partner
About Our Client
Our client is one of Malaysia premier Chinese restaurant group that is well known for their Chinese fine dining cuisine creating quality and savouring traditional modern dishes. They have won numerous awards and is now expanding to new locations in Malaysia and internationally. They are seeking for an ambitious Deputy CEO to drive ambitious growth plans for the company and succeed to take on the CEO position quite quickly.
The Deputy CEO reporting to the Founding Partner is responsible for leading the total Malaysia operation focus on improving operational efficiency and enhancing customer's dining experience. Ensuring menu and food development are of high quality and service level is top notch. The Deputy CEO will also be an advocate of testing new dishes with the head Chefs to come up with innovative ideas to drive the business forward.
- Manage a team of 300+ employees.
- In-charge of overall operations, report to the shareholders.
- Strategise on expansion and operational improvement plans.
- Set initial KPIs with shareholders and franchiser.
- Oversee the recruitment of catering staff and ensure adherence to food safety regulations
- Ensure menu and food development are of high quality.
- Drive expansion plans; opening up new locations and expansion.
- Conduct weekly restaurant visits to check on service standards and maintaining high level of operational excellence.
- Maintain professional relations with vendors, workers and customers and be the face of the business.
The Successful Applicant
The Deputy CEO needs to be a strong commercial lead who could either come from a strong F&B or Finance background. We are in fact open to a Finance professional who may be open to make a career change to F&B. However the right candidate will need to have the business acumen and passion for food will be a huge advantage. The ideal candidate should also have the other qualities below:
- Fluency in Cantonese is a must.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen.
- In-depth experience of running and growing restaurant chain will be a huge advantage but not a must.
- Open to candidates from different corporate background and looking for a change.
- Some one with a finance background will be preferred.
- Huge passion for food is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with different strong characters.
- Operational excellence is a must.
- Strong leadership qualities.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to join one of Malaysia leading fine dining chain of restaurants
- Room to innovate and develop new concept ideas
- Clear line to the next CEO with one to one coaching with the Founding Partner