Attractive remuneration package
Great and fun working environment
About Our Client
Our client is a specialized wireless distributor and a leader in innovation and diversified services for the wireless industry.
- Lead fortnightly forecasting meetings for customer with each channels.
- Support the overall business by providing clear visibility on business risk and opportunity during each business planning cycle.
- Contributing to consensus forecasting ensuring the key demand variables associated with the device are all covered and reasonably envisaged when future forecast number is locked out.
- Enabling customer handset demand forecasting process to be more data driven, removing forecast bias from lines of business, reducing incidences of forecast movements, conduct historical sales analysis and data cleansing to build statistical baseline forecast.
- Participate and contribute to business forecasting with inputs and explanation for the consensus forecast
- Consult with functional teams such as supply planners, sourcing, device management, operations, finance, and product development to obtain relevant data and insights on demand.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration to influence the demand on the supply chain and prioritize demand for order fulfillment based on business objectives and customer segmentation
- Participate as the demand owner/representative in an organization's Sales and Operations Planning process, to enable demand-supply balancing analysis
- Confer with management on demand planning and forecasting assumptions, analysis, and decisions
- Prepare reports and statistics related to the demand planning and forecasting function
- Manage forecast models, analyze trends, manage forecast tools, and maintain accurate data
- Develop and measure key performance indicators to track (including Forecast Accuracy, Bias, Company & Team goals: Financials & SLAs, Forecasts & Forecasting reports, Guideline/process documentation & maintenance) and evaluate forecasts made, to assist in assessing the effectiveness of the demand planning & forecasting function, and to work towards continuous improvement
- Support business, marketing, inventory strategies, and organizational / supply chain improvement opportunities to meet market needs.
- Review and assess risk to supply and demand variability and identify opportunities to manage and mitigate ris
- Be the process controller and co-ordinate with multi-functional teams to develop consensus forecast, incorporating sales & marketing promotion and new launch activities.
- Reconcile the difference between forecast and financial plan.
- Propose gap closure for the variance between forecast and financial plan.
- Continuous improvement of the forecasting process, methods, techniques, and upgrading the forecasting tool
- Actively involve and support Head of Supply Chain in carrying out duties and improvement initiatives.
- Writing process SOP documentation for forecasting and maintaining/ build the Forecast Guidelines for Forecast Accuracy measurement.
- Generate/ tabulate forecasting report including waterfall analysis, promotional analysis, seasonal/ festive forecasting analysis, and any ad-hoc report based on customer requirement.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree holder in in logistics and supply chain management.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in demand and supply planning.
- Experience in supply chain operation or experience in production/ operation planning and system e.g. SAP, will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in Demand and Supply Planning or Supply Chain. Expert in forecasting with good strong analytical mind with business sense.
- Should have the following skill sets: tracking statistical, analysis of variance, forecasting, persuasion, supervisory, active listening and learning, communication, critical thinking, judgment and decision making, time management and operations analysis. A team player, enthusiastic, energetic, proactive, with a positive attitude, strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Highly analytical with the ability to convert data into business intelligence with sound understanding & techniques for data analysis / manipulation, while staying focused on the overall objective.
- Excellent quantitative/business modelling skills, plus knowledge of strategic analysis.
- Understanding on the financial implications of decisions made.
- Excellent skill sets in cross functional communications (both verbal & written format), facilitation and presentation
- Confident, influential and articulate, with clear ability to learn quickly, deal with diverse and demanding internal & external stakeholders
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to be part of a renowned organization!