CRO / Group Head of Risk Management
Group level role in an established conglomerate with diverse businesses
Leadership risk role in an organisation with robust governance infrastructure
About Our Client
Our client is a well-established conglomerate with regional presence and interests in several businesses. With strong leadership, sound strategy and ahead-of-the-market products and distribution channels, the group places a very high importance on governance. This priority is echoed across all the business stakeholders. They have over the years, built and maintained a very strong and robust governance function (including risk management) to support future business growth.
Reporting directly to the Group CEO, this is a group-level role overseeing group risk management covering all subsidiaries and business segments, including different subsets of risk management.
- Assuming leadership role in overseeing all Risk Management (excluding Compliance) functions at regional level, including providing advisory and supervision to the respective Head of Business
Advising the Group CEO, Board and senior management team on Risk Management aspects where material
Providing leadership and subject matter expertise to staff in risk management and other divisions
Digitalisation and automation of operational processes to mitigate and mange risk in line with scaling up of operations and business growth
Managing risks on a regional level as a control measure and ensuring replication (where applicable) across different countries and business lines
Formulation, revision and ongoing monitoring of risk management policies, procedures and framework
Maintaining and preserving repository of knowledge of organisation's risk management guidelines
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 15 years of experience, in the field of Risk Management
- We welcome applications from risk leaders in any industry and specialisation (particularly Technology-centric or previously from consultancy, financial services, fintech, retail banking, payments, money transfer/exchange)
- Effective stakeholder management
- Strong leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills & ability to influence, constructively challenge and negotiate at all levels.
- Experience in developing risk policies and guidelines, developing or implementing risk measurement models
- Has the relevant knowledge in financial/fintech aspect and other regulatory requirement by Bank Negara
What's on Offer
- Group level role in an established conglomerate with diverse businesses
- Leadership risk role in an organisation with robust governance infrastructure