- Safe Working Environment
- Diversity is Encourage
About Our Client
Evonik is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. The company is active in more than 100 countries around the world. Evonik goes far beyond chemistry to create innovative, profitable and sustainable solutions for customers. More than 33,000 employees work together for a common purpose: We want to improve life, today and tomorrow.
- Monitor and supervise the General Ledger transaction processing and ensure delivery quality in terms of accuracy, completeness and timeliness on a daily basis within their cluster
- Customer's first point of contact on General Ledger process issues in their respective
- Prepare, review and provide guidance in performing balance sheet reconciliation
- Perform and monitor month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close activities and coordinate with Local Services and other Financial Services functional teams to ensure timely and accurate closure of accounts for Evonik companies across Asia Pacific and EMEA region in accordance with work instructions and SmartClose checklist.
- Execute and monitor Internal Control System according to the guideline and ensure the Internal Control System documentation completeness is in place for respective cluster
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship as well as liaise with Local Services, other teams within the SSC and Center of Excellence
- Ensure all work instructions and standard operating procedures are updated and reviewed for respective cluster
- Supporting Local Services in terms of internal and external audit
- Ensure queries within their cluster are attended to and resolved in a timely, responsible and proactive manner
- Support in the implementation of project initiatives rollout by Global team
- Continuously explore alternatives in driving process improvement and harmonization in areas of operation
- Support and drive standardization across regions and globally by focusing on alignment of end to end business process areas, system and tools
- Undertake any other assignments / projects that may be assigned from time to time
- To monitor and ensure the new system testing, integration/ functional testing are completed on time to minimize potential problems to operations.
- Maintenance of GL master data in SAP
The Successful Applicant
Education, Certification and/or relevant experience required
- Holds a Degree or Professional Qualification in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 6-8 years of relevant working experience.
Additional skills and abilities required for this position
- Have managed small teams (3-5 persons) and have experience in coaching and monitoring performance
- A team player, meticulous, able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written in English.
- Proficiency in languages would be an added advantage depending on the individual assignment, different language skills will be required.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
Technical Knowledge (E.g. specialized knowledge required to perform all the required tasks)
- Knowledge and understanding of IFRS, General Ledger process and other accounting functions
- Computer literate and competent in Microsoft office, preferably have experience in SAP - FICO Module
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - able to identify and troubleshoot system issues.
Others (if required by the position)
- Candidates assigned to manage the APAC and EMEA regions and work according to the relevant shift hours (if required)
- Exposure to shared services environment would be preferred
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well both independently and in a team orientated environment
What's on Offer
- Career Progression
- Diversity is Envourage
- Competitice Benefit Package