Updated on 11/06/2021
- A reputable organization with strong ethical values
- An opportunity with transformation and changes as an agenda
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading commodities financial services company specialising in all aspects of precious metals processing and trading across the region. It has a long history of network drawing from more than 60 years of experience in the market. They are known for their strong company values, high level of ethics and consistent track record of delivering high quality products and services. The company is now going through a transformation by embracing the digital era and new avenues to reach a wider customer base. They are therefore now seeking for a Country Director to lead and transform the Malaysia operation.
Malaysia is one of the main offices in Asia. The Country Director for Malaysia will lead and further develop its strategy to the next level by designing and implementing a road-map based on the newest technological and digital innovations. The Country Director will coach and lead the local team to achieve their business objectives through effective go-to-market strategies and new revenue channels to expand their traditional brick and mortar business. Other responsibilities include:
- Define, implement and monitor strategic objectives in collaboration with the Executives.
- Oversee the management of all operations and business activities, including marketing, sales, finance, legal, and compliance.
- Define, implement and monitor operational KPI's to evaluate performance and act accordingly.
- Reinforce guiding values and ethical climate, including compliance with legal requirements, Group policies, and corporate governance.
- Stay abreast of the geopolitics and economic trends in the country and region and proactively inform MKS top management of all possible impacts on the business, positive or negative.
- Keep abreast of market trends to anticipate future opportunities.
- Identify and/or investigate solutions leveraging digital technologies (online commerce, cryptocurrencies, tokenization, data science, block-chain, artificial intelligence, etc), and support the definition, design, and implementation of digital solutions.
- Ensure change management and transformation initiatives to align organization and activities to the Group's strategic roadmap and drive change management
The Successful Applicant
We are seeking for an experience corporate leader within the commodities sector who has a keen eye for new business opportunities. This is a critical role to identify future opportunities between he groups and local synergies. Other requirements include:
- Master's degree in Finance, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum 15 years within a leadership position.
- Track record of driving business results and achieving goals.
- Demonstrated experience of ethical leadership.
- Strategic thinker with a market vision, and the ability to communicate it clearly.
- Ability to establish meaningful performance standards, relevant KPIs, and to maximise employee contribution by providing feedback and delegating effectively.
- Outstanding interpersonal and networking skills with demonstrated abilities to establish high-level customer contact
What's on Offer
- A reputable organisation with strong ethical values.
- An opportunity with transformation and changes as an agenda.
- Long term career prospects.