Contract Specialist - Upstream Contracting
Associate with One of the Industry Leader
Enhance Reputation & Skillset within the Industry
About Our Client
Our client is one of the top O&G players in the market. Their operations include exploration and production, refining, distribution and marketing and many more.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Review, draft and/or revise standard contract templates and other standard contract sections
- Meet stakeholders to understand their needs and feedback related to contracting processes, risks, standards, and systems
- Strive to achieve stakeholder buy-in to common contracting processes, standards and systems
- Work closely with and align with other teams in process & systems to provide integrated solutions
- Perform and/or support peer reviews of RFPs (Request for Proposals) or RFQs (Request for Quotation) and draft contracts
- Review and provide input against contract deviations from suppliers
- Support practitioners in the development of contracting strategies, the selection of Standard Contract Templates, the development of other contract sections and the development of RFPs
- Supporting practitioners in the development, negotiation, award and management of contracts with suppliers - advising them (where applicable) of contracting best practices, process requirements, governance requirements and other compliance requirements
- Support practitioners during negotiations of contracts with suppliers and engaging Legal for support as needed
- Advise practitioners of process, governance, and compliance requirements related to contracting
- Provide contract gap analysis and assessment of key differences between deviations and preferred contract position
- Perform assurance checks to confirm the quality and conformance of contracts, as well as the conformance to other contracting requirements
- Support the implementation and deployment of consistent contract management and dispute resolution framework across all projects and operations.
- Supports the objective of no compromise on safe and compliant operations, including OMS related standards
- Ensure compliance to policies such as risk management, delegation of authority (DOA) and functional guidelines.
The Successful Applicant
A successful candidate possesses the following:-
- University degree in a Procurement, Legal or related equivalent business discipline.
- Professional PSCM qualification (MCIPS, ISM, IACCM), MBA or equivalent is desirable.
- More than 10 years working experience in Oil & Gas procurement and supply chain.
- Able to work in ANZ, UK or US shift.
- Able to demonstrate skill level appropriate to role in global contract drafting, negotiation, execution and management. This is a subject matter expert level role.
- Knowledge of procurement and contracting processes and standards.
- Extensive knowledge and application experience with contract terms and conditions
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experienced working with virtual teams
- Intermediate Influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Role will require occasional hours outside of standard business hours - to join calls with overseas team members
- Contractually and commercially risk adverse
- Functional understanding of systems such as ARIBA, Backbone SAP and standard software tools such as Excel, etc.
What's on Offer
Remuneration + Benefits