Contract Logistics Business Development Manager
Willing to work long hours and travel extensively
Regional sales and third party logistics experience is an added advantage
About Our Client
Our client is a leading 3PL organization with a strong presence across the globe and a leader in the logistics industry.
- Develop strong opportunity pipeline for Contract Logistics sales opportunities
- Driving tactical sales measures to fill idle space.
- Identify contacts of potential and target customers align with strategy [industry, products, and geographies], open doors and start a relationship on local level.
- Networking internal and external
- Value assessment of tenders and opportunities for Contract Logistics.
- Ownership of the sales process for local tender projects.
- Coordinate the response with all relevant business fields and engage the required resources, in order to finalize the value solution.
- Work on RFI/RFQ/RFP written responses
- Articulate the customer demand and specific request within the project to ensure the right internal understanding for the solution design. Articulate the proper solution description to avoid misunderstandings or wrong interpretations
- Federate Team´s to work on value creations and professional solution conceptions
- Discuss price level with responsible profit & loss (P&L) person.
- Facilitate final approval for submission to the customer.
- Customer retention and development.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 5 years with national sales and account management and proven success in business development.
- Previous third party logistics experience is an added advantage.
- Solid understanding and experience of the theory and practice of supply chain management, transportation management in particular.
- Ability to provide clear direction to operations support staff to gather necessary data and implement the right solution.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Strong customer focus, good analytic and problem solving skills
- Independent, self-motivated and highly disciplined
What's on Offer
Our client offer a multicultural work environment where you can develop your career and foster your professional growth in a challenging and highly collaborative setup.