Commodity Purchasing Manager - Global Chemical Manufacturer
A great managerial position with an established company
Regional responsibility with a company with strong presence worldwide
About Our Client
Our client is a leading international manufacturer of natural based chemicals. Head quartered in Malaysia, our client has a global operation with worldwide manufacturing sites situated across Asia and Europe.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, this position is responsible for the procurement of raw materials in the vegetable oils / oleo chemicals market. In addition, the incumbent is responsible to establish long-term partnership with major vendors for primary raw materials across the globe.
- Continuous sourcing of oil and reliable suppliers and monitoring good rapport with suppliers.
- Responsible for buying and / or selling of Palm Oil (CPKO, CPO, RBDPS and etc) for the Company's subsidiary across ASEAN countries.
- To develop and maintain sufficient number of suppliers from Indonesia
- To manage the logistics interface between the Companies in Port Klang and Indonesia with its' suppliers.
- Provide detailed analysis on price trends, market information intelligence in support of business decisions and actions.
- Prepare daily / weekly / monthly report to the management.
- Conduct regular visit to various relevant commodity traders, plantation / associations, brokers, secondary suppliers, vendors and brokers for market statistical data collection / trend information.
- Check and endorse the purchase contracts.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics / Science / Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years working experience with suppliers purchasing, import shipment and customs function preferably in Palm based trading environment.
- Experience in Controlling and Managing Commodity & Forex Trading Risk Exposure.
- Experience in commodity fundamentals and technical analysis.
- Able to function effectively in a fast paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Willing to travel across ASEAN countries and adaptable to reasonable irregular working hours.
What's on Offer
- This is a fantastic opportunity for Procurement/Purchasing professional to put their own stamp on the role and improve the capability internally.
- Regional responsibility with a company with strong presence worldwide
- Excellent opportunity for career development in a fast paced environment