Updated on 12/08/2021
- Established Islamic Fund Management & Unit Trust Management Company
- Leadership Role in a Top Pioneer in the Investment Industry
About Our Client
Well known as a pioneer of the investment industry, the Company is a fully-licensed Syariah-focused fund management and unit trust management company, and a strong brand of trust and credibility amongst the investment community. With a mandate dedicated to providing sustainable returns of investment to valued investors, they have a consistent and excellent track record of strong investment performance, with continuous growth in asset under management. The Company is now looking for a highly competent, dynamic, enthusiastic and result-driven Investment Professional and Leader to lead the investment functions of the Company towards achieving the Company's goals.
As the Chief Investment Officer of one of the most prominent Islamic asset management and unit trust management company in the country, you will provide overall leadership, investment expertise, directions, insights, ethics and professionalism with the aim of 1) Growth in the asset under management size of the Company; 2) Serving the mandate dedicated to providing sustainable returns of investments to valued investors, in addition to safeguarding the strong brand of the company amongst the investment community.
Leadership mandate and overall accountabilities include:-
- Provide leadership, direction, insights and coordinate all activities of the fund management team;
- Enhance portfolio performance with reasonable returns;
- Manage allocated funds and supervise all portfolios of funds under management;
- Plan and conduct client servicing to existing and prospective clients; and
- Demonstrate exemplary investment ethics, professionalism to safeguard the strong brand in the investment community and amongst the investor base
The Successful Applicant
- Holds a Bachelors Degree or equivalent from a recognised university or accredited tertiary learning institution
- Possesses a minimum of ten (10) years of direct experience in managing funds, preferably specialising in Fixed Income securities
- Within the overall minimum of 10 years of experience, a minimum of three (3) years must be held in the capacity of a senior management, overseeing fund management functions;
- Holder of a Capital Market and Services Representative License (CMSRL) Module 9 and Module 10 of the Securities Commission of Malaysia
- Possesses critical core competencies of commitment to results, exemplary investment and commercial savviness, with a strong record within the investment community
- Broad knowledge and experience in statutory and regulatory requirements governing the capital markets; Islamic or Shariah principles relating to the capital markets; Strong Leadership; Financial Management; Strategic Planning
- A 'credible, fit and proper' investment decision maker, leader and professional with excellent ethics, without adverse records with any regulators and/or financial institutions.
What's on Offer
- Competitive and industry-benchmarked remuneration package
- Opportunity to step into a leadership role with an established pioneer in the investment industry