Chief Procurement Officer
Exciting global opportunity with ambitious growth vision
Rare opportunity to start up a global operation
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading and fastest growing professional musical instruments and audio manufacturer. They have an established network in the Pro-Audio industry for over two decades in Europe and they are now expanding their manufacturing facility to Asia. Their mission is to empower life experience through innovation, creativity and state of the art products. They are moving their regional hub to Penang and are now seeking for a highly skilled Chief Procurement Officer to migrate their regional hub to Malaysia, setting up their global procurement processes and operations.
The Chief Procurement Officer is responsible for leading all global procurement strategy and efforts for the global enterprise. The Chief Procurement Officer will oversee the total business supply chain management function in connection with the procurement of materials, parts, components, system and equipment's. He or she will lead the global strategy and execution of their sourcing, buying, paying and managing of suppliers, maximising the value they receive from suppliers to make sure the company meets their growth objectives. Other key responsibilities includes:
- Develop global policies and procedures on all procurement activities.
- Negotiates major contracts and coordinates purchasing activities.
- Liaise with engineering and manufacturing departments to maintain inventory at planned levels.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Identify cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities.
- Demand management via stakeholder driving the supply analysis/strategy, supplier identification, sourcing execution, contract negotiation, delivery planning and monitoring, purchase execution, and then ongoing performance management and improvement.
- Operational management to ensure the transitional aspects of procurement and supply management are well executed.
- Integrate the migration of the company's global procurement operations to Malaysia.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have global / regional exposure with excellent leadership capabilities coupled with strong financial acumen. The Chief Procurement Officer will need the ability to work under pressure and thrive in a creative, fluid work environment. Other requirements include:
- At least 10 year's experience of senior supply management experience.
- Team player at executive levels to collaborate with business units and functional partners like IT, finance, HR, legal etc.
- Solid operational management and general business skills.
- Working knowledge of finance and/or accounting in terms of budgeting, cost management, financial accounting, treasury, risk management
- Industry knowledge within a manufacturing environment will be a huge plus point.
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices.
- Strong negotiation skills to use for large commercial deals.
- Understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk
- Strategic mindset and problem-solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial character who thrives in a fluid environment.
- Someone who is excited about starting up new processes and structure.
What's on Offer
- Exciting global opportunity with ambitious growth vision
- Rare opportunity to start up a global operation
- An entrepreneurial and creative company culture