Chief Operations Officer (Property Development)
Challenging and rewarding experience
Full P&L responsiblity to oversee whole property business
About Our Client
With over 25 years of track record, our client is a leading Property Developer in Klang Valley, having completed various multi-billion projects in the last 10 years.
Due to the increased complexity of their business landscape, they are currently looking for a Chief Operations Officer to lead their company and to help drive business, transformation & strategy.
As the COO, you will lead and oversee all business operations and will be reporting to the Group CEO. This role will have full P&L responsibility and the overall success & growth of the business. Among the many responsibilities some are listed below:
- Holding full P&L responsibility & Annual Budget preparation besides overseeing other departments like Projects, Sales & Marketing, Finance, HR etc
- Oversee Project department to ensure successful delivery of development projects are on time, within budget and required quality
- Responsible to direct & lead the development planning process from conceptualization, design development, budgeting, cash flow projection, sales and marketing, contract procurement and management, project management and construction management up to handing over
- Working closely with the leadership team to strategize and develop the group's short, mid & long-term strategic business objectives, missions and visions
- Oversee feasibilities studies and assist to identify potential land bank
- Liaise with relevant parties on issues pertaining to the property development including government officials, landowners, property owners, potential buyers, consultants, contractors, suppliers, other developers (JV opportunity), bankers and lawyers.
- Assist in developing and implementing appropriate property management policies, systems and processes.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be confident in leading the business and steering the company to the most profitable position while implementing its vision, mission and long term goals. It's critical you have an all rounded experience and must possess the requirements below:
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Architectural/ Civil Engineering or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- At least 20 years of relevant working experience with 3-5 years in managing a Property Development business
- Excellent organizational, communication & interpersonal skills.
- Active leadership skills, good team player and able to be hands on whenever needed to
- Open to Malaysian candidates only
What's on Offer
- Excellent salary and benefits package
- Promising career progression