Channel Inventory Planner
Attractive remuneration package
Great and fun working environment
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global wireless distributor based in Kuala Lumpur.
- Owned and manage MC channel forecasting to generate the demand projection to meet the consumer demand.
- Drive, manage and responsible to generate replenishment requirement (distribution requirement planning).
- Managing the replenishment process for the client approved range and supporting the process for other product categories.
- Maintaining the VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory) engine and providing support for other categories.
- Collect and interpret information from a variety of sources regarding VSO/VMI performance, identify issues, problems and opportunities.
- Manage and drive End of Life (EOL) and Return To Warehouse (RTW) from MCs to Brightstar warehouse for stock remobilizing among MCs or other channels to deplete.
- Review quarterly on frequency of replenishment and MC week of cover (WOC) and propose for improvement/ changes to achieve optimum inventory level at optimum cost.
- Develop, maintain and implement SIC (stock in channel) rebalancing processes across all MCs.
- Manage aging inventory at MCs level and activate action plan, including MC Demo stocks to be returned for testing or sales via Brightstar upon EOL.
- Prepare reports, analysis and statistics related to the Channel Inventory including sales trend by MCs, MCs brand contribution, MCs top selling skus, waterfall analysis, promotional analysis, seasonal/ festive MC forecasting analysis, and any ad-hoc report based on customer requirement.
- Develop and measure key performance indicators to track (including Forecast Accuracy MC, Bias MC, Device Availability, accessories Availability, RTW turnaround time, MC WOC, MC Aging, VMI order cut-off, MC Inventory Record Accuracy, Guideline/process documentation & maintenance) and to work towards continuous improvement.
- Consult with functional teams such as supply planners, sourcing, device management, operations, finance, and product development to obtain relevant data and insights on demand.
- Proactively solve problems and provide timely resolution to ensure minimal impact to customer and employee satisfaction. Identify the most appropriate course of action for problem resolution and effectively communicate plans to those impacted.
- Participate in projects involving the development of new initiatives, products, services or systems.
- Identify improvements to operating processes and refer to appropriate areas.
- Liaise with the 3PL Operations team to optimize scheduling of order placement
- Manage the Support mailbox (a single point of contact for the channels for all inventory enquiries and special orders)
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in demand and supply planning.
- Experience in supply chain operation or experience in production/ operation planning and system e.g. SAP, will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Channel Inventory management will be a plus point.
- Proven ability to organize and clearly communicate thoughts and ideas through quantitative reporting
- Self-managing and proactive
- Knowledge in Demand and Supply Planning or Supply Chain. Good strong analytical mind with business sense.
- Should have the following skill sets: analysis of variance, forecasting, persuasion, communication, critical thinking, judgment and decision making, time management and operations analysis.
- A team player, enthusiastic, energetic, proactive, with a positive attitude, strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Highly analytical with the ability to convert data into business intelligence with sound understanding & techniques for data analysis / manipulation, while staying focused on the overall objective.
- Excellent quantitative/business modelling skills.
- Understanding on the financial implications of decisions made.
- Excellent skill sets in cross functional communications (both verbal & written format)
- Confident, influential and articulate, with clear ability to learn quickly, deal with diverse and demanding internal & external stakeholders
- Monitoring performance capability with commitment to quality methodologies to sustain continuous improvement
- Good time management especially in submission of reporting to meet the dateline Deadline conscious, a strong sense of accountability and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, work well under pressure and are capable of multi-tasking.
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to be part of a renowned organization in Malaysia.