CFO - Premium Retail business at Kuching, Sarawak
Rare opportunity over Kuching with premium retail business
Senior management position
About Our Client
My client is one of the largest and the fast growing retail business over East Malaysia over the past 2 decades, specifically targeted on premium market and provide the best services and value for money products. Lately, they are embarked on re-branding exercise as well as refurbishment which allowed them to bring in new concept and target different market segments. With this new concept, they are able to provide a better services and more expansion coming along.
The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. The major areas of responsibility are:
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of financial statements and reports through the execution of established financial and accounting policies and effective management of accounting system, compliance to local statutory requirements as well as shareholder requirements.
- Provide financial consultation and analysis to management to ensure that operations are being run on a sound financial basis and in line with agreed plans and objectives. This includes the development of capital investment proposals based on sound financial evaluations using proper analytically techniques (cost benefit analysis, IRR, ROI, etc.)
- Manage the companies information systems related to finance/accounting activities to ensure the optimum utilisation of the companies resources. This includes the priority selection and development of software/hardware, the security of related company data and proper documentation and procedure controls.
- Monitor bank cash positions to ensure sufficient cash to meet operational needs at all times;
- Ensure the group fully leverages the available credit lines and negotiate with banks when needed for current and new credit lines;
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards and asset management procedures
- Lead in the development of Budget and Strategic Plans to ensure that the financial implications of such plans are fully evaluated, justified and understood by the Exco
- Monitor and direct the implementation of the aforesaid Budget and Strategic plans
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 15 years of financial and management experience with the day-to-day financial operations of an organisation of at least over 50 staff persons.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and qualified in either ACCA/CIMA/CPA/CIMA/ICAEW/ICAA
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to motivate and manage subordinates and team members
- Experience in strategic planning and execution with an executive team
- Experience in a company involved in retailing and/or distribution of consumer goods is preferred
- Prefer someone original from East Malaysia residence or used to work in East Malaysia
What's on Offer
- Good remuneration package
- Great opportunity with expansion business
- Opportunity to work with a company that has grown organically and values the people within the business