Fantastic opportunity to be part of a renowned non-profit
Be part of an organization that does meaningful work in saving the world
About Our Client
Our client is an international non-governmental organization that works in the field of wildlife and species conservation and nature preservation, minimizing human impact to the environment. It is one of the largest conservations that engages in many science based missions and initiatives globally. The Malaysian operation is a network of established offices that have been working on conserving Malaysian wildlife and nature. There is now an exclusive opportunity for a passionate seasoned leader who has a huge passion for preserving Malaysia's natural environment, wildlife habitat and wildlife.
The CEO of Malaysia will be responsible for Malaysia's conservation agenda and is accountable to the Board reporting directly to the Chairman of the Board and Board of Trustees. The core task of the CEO is to develop and lead a high performing Malaysian Offices to continue to influence and shape the conservation agenda for Malaysia. The CEO will ensure continuous efforts are put into place by providing compelling vision, strategic leadership, planning, development, direction, coordination and control of all activities. As the key ambassador the CEO will steer the vision of the organization with aims of achieving their conservation goals. The other responsibilities include:
- Operational effectiveness: ensure all offices in Peninsular Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur & Penang), Sabah and Sarawak are managed effectively with the office KPIs being met. The CEO will also be responsible for the financial viability providing accurate and regular reporting in line with all compliance and governance frameworks.
- Driving high performance and impact: To listen and engage with the team to make sure everyone is working collaboratively. The CEO will innovate fearlessly and challenge the norm of doing things by building on a strong future leadership team.
- Institutional development: Work on building the team by coaching, mentoring, capability transfer and where necessary, have appropriate difficult conversations. He or she will also look at future options for the development of conservation in Malaysia.
- Oversight and Accountability: You will ensure all offices have rigorous systems of assurance which ensure risk is managed effectively, compliance requirements are fulfilled and offices have accountability to ensure performance and KPIs are met.
The Successful Applicant
We are seeking an experience corporate leader who has a proven track record in leading successful organizations in the past. You may be looking for a change in career and have a desire to join a non-profit. You must have interest and passion for nature preservation and environment. We are seeking for aspirational leaders who embraces innovation and is exceptional in driving change within an organization. You will also be a nurturing leader who has an ability to build a performance culture through empowerment, delegation and trust. Other expectations include:
- Advanced University Degree in Business Management, International Relations, Conservation or other related fields; conversation experience is not a must but will be a significant added advantage
- An experienced leader who has a track record of driving growth and delivering high performance
- A visionary leader who believes in coaching and mentoring
- Strong communication and influencing skills being able to influence people at all levels; from Board to all staff
- Financially savvy and astute with numbers
- Strong networking and connections with the Malaysian government and industry leaders will be an advantage
- Leads by example; willingness to get their hands dirty and be at the forefront when needed
- Someone who sets high standards for him/ herself in ethics, integrity and passion.
- A people connector who has the gravitas and commanding presence to lead a team and engage with people, communities, donors, other country CEOs/Country Directors and other stakeholders.
- Ability to have difficult conversations and stand his/her ground when needed
- Strong decision maker who believes in listening deeply, collaborating openly, innovating fearlessly and striving for greater conservation impact. Believes in putting him/ herself in the others shoes and trying to understand others view points
What's on Offer
- Fantastic opportunity to be part of a renowned non-profit
- Be part of an organization that does meaningful work in saving the world