Cattle Farm General Manager
Rare C 'Level start-up opportunity in Malaysia
Be part of a pioneer team
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading foods and beverage giants and have a long-standing history in building diverse business across Food & Beverage, Property, Publishing and Printing sectors. They are continuously looking at how they can diversify their business segments. They have an exciting new business venture to set up a large-scale cattle farm in Malaysia. This is a rare start-up opportunity for an experience Cattle Farm General Manager to build up the overall facility and operation based out in Malaysia.
The General Manager will report to the board of directors to lead, plan and direct the overall strategy in the formation of the infrastructure of the whole facility. The General Manager will have accountability of the full P&L, operation of the farm, ranches, nurseries, timber tracts and all other agricultural establishments needed to make the farm a success. He or she will also hire, train and supervise the farm workers or contract for services to carry out the day-today activities of the managed operations. Other key responsibilities include:
- Minimum education of a high school diploma. Post-secondary education at universities and colleges involve the study of veterinary science as well as business topics such as economics and farm management will be an added advantage
- Engage/supervise planting, cultivating, harvesting along with managing the full P&L, financial and marketing activities.
- Strong business acumen and long-term strategic planning in driving a well-managed cattle farm.
- Raise the livestock according to the availability of government assistance and overall market conditions.
- Construct and maintain cattle's habitat, including grazing fields and barns that protect the beasts from predators and inclement weather.
- Cattle herd managers feed, breed, and diagnose potential disease and injury for their livestock, ensuring that cattle remain healthy and numerous.
- Managers are also responsible for the sales and marketing of their cattle, safeguarding the value of their investment.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate should have a proven ability and experience in dairy herd management systems for the size and complexity of this position. The track record in running a large-scale cattle farm is key with the necessary planning and organisational skills to achieve targets, review operational budgets and carry out Company policies. Other key requirements include:
- Understand legislation requirements pertaining to farming operations
- Operational excellence is a MUST.
- Be able to provide role clarity and ensure teamwork amongst staff.
- Demonstrate a degree of computer literacy with an interest and ability in developing and maintaining herd and pasture recording systems.
- Can act with tact and diplomacy in motivating and disciplining staff while complying with the requirements of the Employment Acts.
- Self-motivated leader with effective communication across all levels.
- Accept the role as a General Manager within a corporate farming operation and work actively as a team member in training staff and developing and achieving Company objectives.
- Promote and project a positive attitude towards the Company and its objectives
What's on Offer
- Rare C 'Level start-up opportunity in Malaysia
- Potential growth prospects
- Be part of a pioneer team