Category Specialist (Based in Klang)
Strong Presence in Industry
Company that Practices a Success Culture
About Our Client
Our client is one of the biggest coating & paint manufacturers in the world with their presence in Malaysia extending for a few decades starting from coating, they have expanded their line of business which includes the manufacturing of paints, varnishes, lacquers, enamels, and other allied products.
Key Responsibilities include:-
* Develop and implement sourcing strategies and plans for assigned categories consistent with global commodity team strategies and all applicable Business Unit business operating plans and objectives
* Communicate to plants sourcing strategies, pricing, and market conditions impacting raw material supply.
* Support Marketing's strategy and requirements.
* Identify and develop new suppliers.
* Ensure uninterrupted supply of materials.
* Develop and communicate material demand forecasts to suppliers and analyze RFQ's for assigned commodities or those areas directed by Sourcing Manager/Director
* Negotiate and implement sourcing agreements/contracts which help to increase supply assurance and improve Sherwin-Williams' competitive position in the market.
* Forecast pricing on assigned categories to provide top management with key information for determining future finished goods pricing and budgetary impacts.
* Management of established pricing (verification, resolution of discrepancies, etc.).
* Negotiate and resolve any claims or disputes concerning a supplier's performance on categories managed.
* Develop written category strategies for assigned categories.
* Develop and implement cost savings projects and initiatives for assigned categories.
* Work closely with technical to ensure strategy alignment with total cost and assured supply objectives; Work closely with suppliers to ensure that appropriate resources, data and specification information is made available to enable timely product qualifications.
* Ensure compliance with department policies, procedures and applicable laws, rules and regulations.
The Successful Applicant
A successful candidate possesses the following:-
- Minimum of four (4) years post college experience
- Minimum of six (6) years successful Sourcing, Marketing, Technical, Operations, Supply Chain or related experience is desirable.
- Must be a self-starter with an ability to work with minimal direction/supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Track record of increasing responsibility with strong performance and focus on cost savings and security of supply.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- PC skills include Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access)
- Able to speak and read Mandarin
What's on Offer
Attractive remuneration package + Benefits