Buyer (based in Johor)
MYR3,500 - MYR5,500 per month (MYR42,000 - MYR66,000)
The chance to contribute substantially to a strong and thriving business.
Opportunity for excellent career growth within the organisation.
About Our Client
My client is a leading company in the electrical/ electroics industry.
- Plans for and procures materials necessary to meet manufacturing build requirements for one or several product lines.
- Reviews forecasted requirements and purchases materials in accordance with that forecast.
- Ensures materials are available to meet manufacturing build requirements. Matches material requirements and inventory turnover so as not to hold too high of a percentage of inventory at any time.
- Works with internal customers to address, return and receive credit for defective materials.
- Works with A/P to investigate and resolve issues with payment of supplier invoices.
- Plans and schedules timely material requirements for customer forecasts. Reviews manufacturing production goals and plans accordingly.
- Analyzes inputs (e.g., capacity, board cycle times, urgency of request, material availability, etc.) to help determine schedule. Analyzes internal impact (e.g., line scheduling, procurement, logistics, shipping, etc.) of customer scheduling. Pushes or cancels orders per production plans.
- Ensures quality and integrity of information used to generate materials requirements plan.
- Revises plans as required based on analysis of actuals versus plan.
- Acts as a customer liaison with new product introduction.
- Introduces the new product through manufacturing to shipping per customer requirements. Attends weekly change meetings with the customer.
- Reviews and submits new cost associated with new engineering requirements.
The Successful Applicant
- Candidate must possess at least Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree in Business Studies / Administration /
- Management, Economics, Commerce or equivalent related field.
- Min 3-10 years experience in the related department.
- Knowledge of manufacturing environment, the types of materials being purchased by departments and the engineering change process is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of production planning fundamentals, scheduling, materials requirements planning techniques and manufacturing control systems
- Knowledge of procurement processes, inventory management and supplier management
- Knowledge of basic computer applications such as WORD, Excel, PowerPoint and multiple business applications.
- Ability to plan strategically for the coordinated build and delivery of one or several products.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy and working under tight time deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Relevant experience with ERP / MRP especially in SAP will be an added advantage.
- Fresh graduate is encouraged to apply
What's on Offer
- The chance to contribute substantially to a strong and thriving business.
- Opportunity for excellent career growth within the organisation.