Assistant Procurement Manager - Retail
Opportunity to work with one of the top MNCs that strives to deliver on quality.
Extensive career exposure.
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading retail business in Malaysia with over hundred retail stores nationwide. They are looking for talents to join their team to maximise their revenue and to stay competitive in the market.
- Establish and develop the processes and guidelines on vendor parts localisation.
- Negotiate and manage contract terms with suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders and colleagues.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and select and develop new suppliers
- Ensure purchasing policy, guidelines and any associated documents are in place and updated when required.
- Accountable for department budget and project deliverables.
- Achieve optimum levels of productivity, ensuring that business benefits from lowest possible cost and best value.
- To ensure the correct methods and procedures are applied by the supplier to ensure the supplier is fully aligned with the company's requirements.
- To conduct supplier audit.
- Continuously seek improvement in the works areas and strengthen the supply chain.
- Propose alternative suppliers and processes to minimise the business risk and cost improvement opportunity.
- To establish the cost structure for the vendors part and best price negotiation with the vendor.
- Others as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- University or College degree.
- 6 - 8 years experience in Procurement or in Procurement systems management.
- Fluent English and any additional language is an advantage.
- SAP knowledge is a must **
- Experience with Procurement tools (Sourcing, Catalogue and Content Management).
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Possesses procurement knowledge within the retail discipline coming.
- Familiar with tactical and strategic procurement.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to work with one of the top MNCs that strives to deliver on quality.
- Extensive career exposure.