Assistant Operations Manager
Be part of a globally recognized organisation
Strong growth potential
About Our Client
Globally renowned organisation in the FMCG industry, with presence in over 50 countries across the globe.
- Being responsible for the efficient collections of Palm Kernel and other raw materials and meeting the sourcing requirements in achieving the business plan of the organisation.
- Ensure effective systems, controls and mechanism are implemented for effective traffic management for all inbound and outbound transportation vehicles.
- Overall responsibility in monitoring the PKP and PKM sales, buyer collections, dispatches, required transportation, third party inspection and fumigation prior to dispatching including arrangements of external storage facilities if required.
- Overall responsibility in ensuring of all local deliveries of CPKO and RPKO sales are carried out in an efficient manner, on-time with zero in-transit losses.
- Overall responsibility for the efficient monitoring and coordination on all bulk oil exports.
- Overall responsibility in ensuring in meeting all dispatch schedule and delivery schedule as per the original customer agreement.
- Ensure the availability of structured systems and procedures for the reconciliation of stocks and accounts.
- To ensure right mix of costs / service levels are negotiated with all service providers such as tanker / cargo lorry / haulage / trucks and etc to ensure long term supplier development.
Enhancing process efficiency and controls/systems of the weigh bridge operations.
- Overall responsibility and the supervision of the weigh bridge operations and ensure the continuous meeting of the performance and efficiency standards, facilitating the achievement of objective and the business plan of the organisation.
- Implementing an efficient mechanisms and systems in monitoring the accuracy and the efficiency levels of the weighbridge operations and accuracy of all documents.
- Ensure that calibrations are carried out on a periodical basis and the operational efficiency of the weigh bridge is maintained continuously.
Developing structured mechanisms for efficient coordination in achieving process improvements of the operation.
- Overall responsibility in maintaining effective coordination and operation between the core operational departments during the receiving and dispatching of all raw materials.
- Overall responsibility in the development of mechanisms for the efficient coordination between the core operational department relating to all dispatch and receipt schedules.
- Overall responsibility in ensuring the availability of transportation for all dispatches and obtaining the optimum prize levels.
Finished Goods Warehouse Operation.
- Overall responsibility for the FG warehouse operations and for all local forwarding operations including container haulage (import and export) operations in order to ensure 100% fulfilment of the shipping plan, zero container shut out, zero demurrage / detention and etc.
- To ensure the dept expenses are within the approved budgets and continuous process improvement to reduce operating cost and meeting optimal productivity.
- To ensure right mix of costs / service levels are negotiated with all service providers.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Logistics Management / Warehouse or any other related discipline
- 5 - 8 years of working experience in the management of Logistics management
- Experience in palm oil refinery / manufacturing will be an added advantage
- Experience in handling palm kernel and other related raw material collections
- Independent person who is resourceful and able to handle tight situation
- Able to lead the operations / logistics team effectively
What's on Offer
- Be part of a globally recognised organisation
- Attractive package offered to the right candidate with many great benefits