- A great opportunity to develop your strategic leadership skill in a MNC
- Great Working Culture
About Our Client
Are you looking out for career progression and self development opportunities? Come and join a US Fortune 500 MNC with over 100 years of history, also the global leader within the industry. At this juncture, they are looking to add their headcounts by bringing you on board as AR Team Lead (Collection) to join their shared service centre based in Malaysia. People are highly valued in the organization and they aspire to groom their talents and offer plenty of opportunities for career progression. Apply now for this position if you would like to grab this valuable opportunity to develop your business and strategic leadership skills. In addition, they offer attractive remuneration package for the successful candidate
* Manage a team of Collectors in the effort to collect outstanding debts, good collection strategy to maximize collection and risk mitigation.
* Manage and report on the Collections team's KPI's, auditing the process on day-to-day basis to ensure daily targets are met
* Manage the team's efficiency and deal with any escalated cases from the team
* Perform monthly AR Book Close process and accounting activities
* Run relevant AR metrics and publish / report these metrics to senior management (daily, weekly, monthly) / Manage Region DSO
* Implement targets and strategy and actions to achieve the team's target
* Providing weekly updates on top customers by countries contributing to highest overdue
* Ensure that all Credit Control policies, internal Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Routines are adhered to
* Actively engage with Customers who have defaulted on payment and take prompt action to ensure these cases are being monitored and closely followed up. Work closely with customers for getting PTP's and payment plans detailed against outstanding debts.
* Provide timely escalations to the AR Manager for any disputes in collections
* Regularly review all overdue outstanding accounts to determine the cause of non-payment and to take appropriate actions to recover such outstanding amounts
* Coordinate with Sales, Customer Service, Commercial Finance and Key Account Managers to ensure on-time order releases. Be able to provide reports on demand to facilitate decision making.
* Review customer accounts to alleviate risk factors arising from new / existing Customers
* Mentor, coach and develop team members and support workplace learning
* Train and successfully on-board any new employees to the team. Continuously review processes, develop opportunities for improvements and manage changes.
* Work closely with stakeholders to drive a results-oriented relationship
* Support Control Compliance and SOX requirements and policy implementation.
The Successful Applicant
- Candidate must possess at least a university degree in Accounting / Commerce / Finance and / or a professional Accountancy qualification (candidate currently pursuing a professional accountancy qualification is encouraged to apply)
- Minimum 7 years' experience in Accounts Receivable function, with specific experience in the area of Collections
- Must have previous people management / supervisory experience
- Must have in-depth knowledge of SAP
- Advanced MS Office skills (including MS Excel and PowerPoint)
- Flexible and able to handle timelines and deadlines
- Positive attitude, team player
- Ability to prioritise, organise, problem solve, and manage your time
- Strong attention to detail; accuracy in work
- Experience of working in a multicultural, international environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in fluent English, in a clear manner to colleagues and customers
What's on Offer
- Lucrative remuneration package (RM7,000 - RM9,000 depending on experience + other benefits)
- Global opportunity for career progression within the organization