APAC Financial Controller
Managing APAC portfolio and growing the business regionally
Reputable multinational compnies
About Our Client
European based oil and gas company with 40 years' experience in the industry. They are setting up a regional office in Malaysia and putting focus in growing their business in the APAC region. Our client is looking for a strong business partner and leader to drive the financial performance as well as ensure the local statutory compliance.
- Provide senior management leadership in the development and execution of the financial management strategy for SEA
- Contribute to the development and achievement of the organisations strategic goals.
- Support M&A activity including active participation in due diligence activity; recommendation on deal structures; monitor and then report the success or otherwise of acquisitions.
- Supporting new business projects including providing financial advice and support to projects undertaken by the business (for example the financing of a new workshop/land acquisition etc)
- Maintain continuous lines of communication with regional senior management team and Group Finance
- Manage the preparation and timely publication of monthly financial reports to both the senior management team, and Group Finance.
- Work with managers to prepare and provide commentary to the annual budget process.
- Provide analytical support to internal senior management team, including development of internal management reporting capabilities.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of the business.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product/project investment decisions.
- Develop and manage the treasury function for the business in conjunction with both regional leadership team and Group Finance.
- Oversee the management of the APAC Finance Team.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
The Successful Applicant
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience on a progressive career growth path, with much of that time in a senior financial management position.
- Strong conceptual and business analytical, due diligence and valuation skills.
- Experience as a senior officer, with both controller and treasury experience.
- Multi team location management experience required.
- Experience in taking a company forward in a fast growth environment, providing insight for direction and managing change effectively.
What's on Offer
- Managing APAC portfolio and growing the business regionally
- Multinational company with over 40 years' experience
- Good working environment and culture