You are here
Vice President of Procurement & Commercial (Property & Railway)
- Public Listed Property & Infrastructure Company (Railway)
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director
About Our Client
Our client is an established and renowned Construction and property development company, specialising in railway and infrastructure construction. In response to their rapidly expanding local and international book orders, the company is seeking to appoint a Vice President of Procurement and Commercial , capable of leading a middle size Contract, Commercial and Procurement team.
Role and responsibility:
- Analyze, assess and troubleshoot the commercial challenges and opportunities arising through the delivery of complex high value projects, both in buildings and infrastructure construction.
- Managing and working closely with the Procurement Department to streamline the Procurement process
- Add value by increasing the quantity and quality of the vendors
- Bring significant experience and networks in both pre and post contract commercial management, with the ability to identify and eliminate project risk and financial exposure.
- Possess a track record of formulating bidding strategies and lead a successful bid process on significant projects.
- Possess an excellent contractual knowledge
- Lead the Contracts and Commercial team.
- Manage cost monitoring and cost managing large infrastructure projects including cost planning and other cost estimating methods, cost control, and cost analysis
The Successful Applicant
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Degree in Quantity Surveying/Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in a similar role
- Possess Rail experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fundamental understanding of Procurement practices
- Excellent technical grounding in all aspects of quantity surveying or cost / commercial management is essential.
What's on Offer
The selected candidate will receive industry leading salary and benefits.