You are here
Tooling Development Manager
MYR7,500 - MYR9,500
- Team Lead position in a MNC company
- New tooling managerial lead role in a MNC company
About Our Client
Our client is a MNC company that manufactures electrical equipments and a market leader in its industry.
- Take a proactive approach in the generation of ideas/problem solving - present ideas and concepts to management.
- Leads a team to create/develop products/technologies that meet or exceed the technical specification, cost, time, reliability & quality requirements.
- Ensure the safety and reliability of all products, assemblies and parts design.
- Responsible for leadership of the team, ensuring deliverables are met to a high standard and that the team and individuals capability are aligned to the business requirements.
- Work seamlessly with research teams to utilise the wealth of technical skills to get best value from Dyson technologies.
- Challenge & develop engineering practices to continuously improve technologies/design/product quality.
- Ensure accurate communication between teams, Plan, organize and direct testing, processing and analysing of product improvement and failure mode.
- Active participation in design/manufacturing/research reviews.
- Mentor Junior Engineers
- Understands risks associated with a project; monitors and suggests mitigation plans.
- Responsible for delivering parts, assemblies and design requirements from development stage to production part/tooling approval complete.
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives to embed learning into working practices and streamlining processes.
- Accountable for effective communication and handovers between teams.
- Accountable for ensuring readiness of projects for design/research review and any resulting actions.
- Plans resources and leads recruitment for their team.
The Successful Applicant
- In-depth knowledge & at least 8-10 years of mechanical design experience ideally related to consumer product design R&D, relevant technologies or mechanical engineering.
- Proven people management skills e.g. ability to coach, give feedback.
- At least 5 years of managing a small team.
- Proven ability to coach and mentor others.
- Able to provide technical direction and informed decision making across a breadth of projects.
- Ability to balance priorities and deliverables across multiple projects/teams.
- Good commercial awareness with pragmatic approach to balance cost and value with quality and reliability.
- Lead projects related to cost, quality, design and productivity using methodology such as Tolerance Stack, Process Capability, DFMEA, Minitab, etc.
- A well rounded mix of experimental, theoretical and design skills.
- Sound understanding of basic physical principles, manufacturing, & research & development through analysis, prototyping and testing.
- Demonstrate Knowledge & understanding of multiple tooling & manufacturing techniques in plastic and metal.
- Demonstrate a thorough approach and ability to work proactively to reasoning and problem solving, and a desire to develop their design and development skills further.
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- MUST BE BASED IN JOHOR
What's on Offer
Good career growth
Good remuneration package