You are here
Technical Lab Manager
- Managerial Position with a MNC Company
- Exciting career path with a leading MNC
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Building Manufacturing company in the world.
- Lead, plan and manage the overall operation of the laboratory, in order to provide good quality control testing of the raw materials and products.
- Ensuring that raw materials received are within specifications and ensuring that products are complying with the relevant standards requirements and sales requirements.
As a Technical Manager who is overall responsible for the overall smooth and efficient operation of the laboratory. Responsible for the technical operations and provision of resources needed to ensure the required quality of laboratory operations.
- As a Quality Manager who is overall responsible to ensure all the quality management systems (ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, MS ISO/IEC17025, API Monogram, Product Certification Scheme, Ecolabelling Scheme, Singapore Green Labeling Scheme, SGBP Certification) are implemented, followed, maintained and continually improved.
As the appointed Management Representative for MS ISO/IEC 17025 and API Spec Q1 and API Spec 10A, who has the full authority and responsibility to ensure that the requirements of MS, API and all relevant standards for the evaluation of conformity are implemented and maintained.
Has the direct access to the Plant Manager at which decisions are made on laboratory policy and resources
In terms of health and safety (H&S) :
- a) In liaison with SHEQ, contribute to the definition and update of H & S procedures.
- b) Ensure the application of H & S policy and procedures in laboratory.
- c) Set annual H & S objectives for laboratory teammates, make sure H & S skills of laboratory teammates match the standards, define and implement adequate training plan.
- d) Achieve personal annual H & S objectives.
- e) Provide training, conduct audit and close gaps for advisories assigned to her.
- f) Inform laboratory of company H & S situation.
- g) Organize regular H & S meetings and training. .
- h) Maintain housekeeping and cleanliness of laboratory. Participate in plant gotong royongs and laboratory area owner meetings and gotong royongs.
- i) Participate in the investigation in case of fatality and serious accident in the laboratory.
- j) Sign relevant HIRARC/JHP/permits.
- k) Lead investigation of all other accidents/near misses in the laboratory and publishes the results.
- l) As the radiation protection supervisor (RPS) of the Company, she shall ensure that radiation safety requirements are always fulfilled.
- m) Leadership in H&S.
- To lead the laboratory team to meet the company priorities on health and safety, plant mastery, customer satisfaction, people development and to achieve laboratory objectives in terms of IQP, LAI, LRI, no customer complaint, quality consistency, training and development of laboratory teammates, maintaining laboratory cost as per budget etc. Also, to assist other departments in achieving budgeted production tonnages, maximum reliability factor, low power consumption, high c/k ratio, mill performance factor etc.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree holder in Chemistry and a Registered Chemist with Institute Kimia Malaysia (IKM).
- A good analytical skills
- A good understanding of quality requirements in the cement industry
- Basic knowledge in IT
- to be based in Rawang
- Must have 5 years experience in the Heavy Industrials or building materials industry.
What's on Offer
Good career path and remuneration package.