You are here
Team Manager - General Accounting & Reporting
Opportunity to be part of a pioneer team for a new set up.
Outstanding career progression opportunity.
About Our Client
Our Client is a European Automotive Giant established themselves as a dynamic industry leader focused on premium range of cars, with one of the world's best-known and respectable brands within the industry. They are a listed MNC with market presence for more than 100 years, operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 30,000 people.
Year on year performance growth has seen a need to transform the global finance operation direction, resulted in a decision to set up a value adding shared service centre in Malaysia for efficiency gain purposes. Extending from its growth agenda, they are also setting up a broad manufacturing footprint globally including Asia Pacific to cater the increasing demand from market.
At this juncture, they are looking for dynamic Team Manager who can immediately add value across set up strategy, reporting process harmonisation/improvement, analysis, transformation and lifting the presence of Finance across this newly established venture. As a leader, you are given opportunities to build the culture and optimise the team synergy.
You will be leading a team of 6 talented junior/senior accountants, and reporting directly to the centre director. This role essentially focuses on the following key areas within General Accounting and Reporting (GAR):
- Developing and securing implementation of efficient accounting procedures within the region
- Provide strategic level support to group entities in India
- Supervise the financial accounting processes, review book closing processes and ensure timely reporting for general accounting matters
- Responsible for adherence to Indian laws and external reporting requirements, preparation of statutory reports, direct and indirect tax reports and other external reports
- Act as point of contact, provide advices & guidelines to the organization on GAR queries
- Identify areas for improvement, lead improvement initiatives and process development in areas of responsibilities.
- Responsible for employee development to ensure that individual and organisational targets are met.
- Ensure services performed within the agreed service levels, measure and follow up the quality and efficiency of global processes
The Successful Applicant
This exciting opportunity is suitable for proactive talents with good people management skills (stakeholder management and leadership skills) and has met the following requirements:
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting and equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant working experience, with at least 2 years direct leadership experience
- MUST be willing to work in India for the first 4-6 months, and subsequently work in Malaysia as a permanent position
- SAP experience is a MUST, candidates with SAP implementation/upgrade experience are highly encourage to apply
- Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and SharePoint is an added advantage.
- Fluent in English and Hindi, oral and written is required
- Experience in a finance shared services environment or value adding regional hub is highly preferred
- Highly energetic with can-do attitude
- Ability to plan and prioritize with a flexible and positive mind set, ability to keep deadlines in a complex environment
- Service minded with questioning mind
- Ability to deal with upcoming situations within the work area, independent in problem solving
- Good knowledge of Local and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Excellent communication and cooperation skills
- High integrity
- Excellent analytical skills and good holistic view
- Proven understanding of the business, the business strategies and goals along with a financial awareness
- Ability to identify, propose and implement improvements
- Independently drive for results
- Ability to travel
What's on Offer
- Attractive remuneration package (RM8,000 - RM12,000 + other benefits, depending on experience)
- Opportunity to be part of a pioneer finance shared services team and be integral in building the culture.
- Valuable task migration experience to be gained.
- Rotation opportunities for development purposes.