You are here
This position is now filled
- New Role
- Career Progression
About Our Client
My client is a multinational organisation
The SQL Developer is responsible in the following:
- Maintain and enhance the existing database, exports, and reports
- Manage Electronic Data Interfaces
- Database Modelling & Normalisation
- Perform quality checks on reports and exports
- Monitor job and transfer queues to ensure they are functioning as expected
- Provide business users the data required for metrics and analysis
- Develop SQL scripts/reports to meet business needs
- Create and maintain documentation
- Support ad-hoc and functional test on related projects
- SQL Programming skills including complex Stored Procedures, user defined functions, Common
- Table Expressions and transaction management.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL including complex SQL queries, stored procedures, views and
- functions and best practices.
- Experience with RDBMS principles, database design and normalisation.
- Working knowledge of Database Modelling & Normalisation.
- Ability to Create and deploy database change scripts.
- Understanding of index design and SQL performance tuning techniques.
- Exposure to Database Administration i.e. Replication, Backup\Restore strategies, Clustering,
- Log-shipping desired.
- Ability to comprehend complex technical and logical concepts and adapt quickly to change.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills are required as well as successful
- experience in managing time-lines and task priorities.
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to develop relationships with peers, external and internal partners.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and works independently with minimal supervision.
The Successful Applicant
To be qualified for the SQL Developer role, you must posses a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Equivalent. You must also have had at least 3 years of experience in SQL development -database experience, writing stored procedures and complex SQL queries
What's on Offer
This is a new role which offers a good remuneration package