You are here
Software Engineer - Big Data
MYR15,000 - MYR23,000 per month (MYR180,000 - MYR276,000)
- Excellent career opportunity
- Attractive salary package
About Our Client
Client is UK based multinational company , well established across the globe for more than 16 years
- As a Software Engineer - Big Data, your primary responsibility is to develop software components and solutions using a wide variety of Big Data technologies.
- In most cases, experienced Big Data engineers will have accumulated significant prior experience in core software engineering, including expert level language skills in some of the following : Java, C++, GO, SQL, Phyton and should be full conversant with common IDE environments and tooling to support the SDLC, such as the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, GitHub, Bamboo plus others).
- You should have prior experience in working with Agile and Lean delivery methodologies and be comfortable working in a geographically distributed team, using real-time video and audio collaboration tools on a daily and continual basis.
- In addition, you should have competencies with design and modelling tools, as well as with preparing detailed design and technology assessment documentation.
- As a Big Data engineer, you should have some experience at building and delivering software at data platforms at great scale and should be familiar with concepts of clustering, virtualization, cloud hosting (especially AWS), provisioning, monitoring and reliability.
- Specialist skills in deployment, platform configuration and release management for any of the more commonly used Big Data platforms would be especially useful, as would a knowledge of AWS solutions in this domain.
- As a Big Data engineer, you should have accumulated experience in dealing with both structured and unstructured data types and may have performed previous roles as a database designer/ engineer, working with graph, image, document and structured data.
- Any skills and knowledge pertaining to Telecommunications standards, networking (especially HTTP and Internet standards) and Open Source media (e.g. social media) would be beneficial, as would direct experience in low level network flows and protocol stacks.
The Successful Applicant
- You will have at least 5 years of professional software development;
- From a technology perspective, the Big Data engineer will most likely have had prior experience with some of the following technologies: Cloudera CDH, HortonWorks HDP, MapR, Hadoop/ HDFS, ElasticSearch, Accumulo, HBase, Parquest, Spark, Storm, ELK, Kafka, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Puppet, although significant experience in associated or complementary technologies would also be recognised.
- Documentation of products;
- On-site visits (deployment, debugging);
- Reviews (design, code);
- Train new employees (mentor);
- Act as role model and competence centre for best practice software development within own team and area of expertise;
- Technical lead on new product and architecture designs and implementations;
- Participation in occasional client site integrations, demos, training and business development activities;
- Support continuous improvement by investigating research on alternative technologies, tools and methods;
- Supporting project managers with planning and tracking of deliveries
- Additional skillset required
- Scrum master
- Configuration management skills
- Centos 6 admin knowledge
- Cloudera Admin
What's on Offer
Excellent career opportunity with UK based company