You are here
Senior Manager-Balance Sheet Management
- Good opportunity to work in a dynamic environment
- A progressive career as a Senior Manager with an industry leader
About Our Client
Our client is a global bank with operations worldwide. As a people centric organization, they believe in hiring the best people to produce the best results.
They are currently looking for an experienced Senior Manager-Balance Sheet Management to join their team to assist and to drive the business together. The selected candidate will potentially be groomed to be the head of department in the near future.
As the Senior Manager, your role is essential to the organization it is vital you come with a track record of delivery and proven experience. Amongst the many responsibilities are listed below:
- Working as a business partner across functions in finalizing the overall bank annual financial balance sheet forecast and capital plans of the Bank
- Effective management of the capital position of the Banks to ensure adequate and efficient capital utilization to support the business strategies and asset growth objectives
- Lead the team to coordinate the completion of the annual Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) under Pillar2 of Basel II by mobilizing the respective stakeholders across the various businesses and functions to ensure regulatory compliance
- Undertake capital issuance exercises in liaison with the Regulators and other Government Authorities and mobilizing the relevant stakeholders locally and in Group offices to ensure completion by the target timelines.
- Closely monitor the structural liquidity positions of the Banks and recommend to Alco the appropriate actions when required to ensure the Asset/Deposit ratios and other structural Group and local regulatory limits and ratios of the Banks are maintained at healthy and optimal levels at all times.
- Undertake appropriate liquidity planning and actions in formulating liability raising strategies including but not limited to optimal deposit gathering and issuance of Medium Term Notes (MTN).
- Support the annual structural liquidity limit setting process in conjunction with Group Treasury in alignment with business balance sheet forecast.
- Closely monitor compliance of the relevant Group policies and Local Regulations on capital and liquidity and ensure compliance of Group and local regulatory limits and ratios.
- Keep abreast of regulatory development locally and internationally on capital and liquidity and identify their impact on the Banks. Explore options and recommend solutions or actions to senior management and Alco to overcome any adverse impact or seize opportunities that they may present.
- Undertake and drive local implementation of the country rollout of Group initiatives/projects arising from Global/Local regulatory changes on capital and liquidity including but not limited to the Recovery & Resolution Planning (RRP) and One Bank Fund Transfer Pricing (FTP).
- Contribute to the effective running of country Alco and identify appropriate issues relating to capital and liquidity and recommend solutions to senior management including Alco for deliberation and decision making to ensure the interest of the Banks is protected.
- Develop/set and regularly review of the product pricing for mortgages (ie Base Rate/BLR) and ensure its alignment and compliance with regulatory requirements. Attend to internal independent review of Base Rate and obtain due approval by Alco and the BOD as required by the regulations.
- Ensure all regular and ad hoc submission of information requests by Group/Regional management are met within the required time-frame.
- Ensure all risk management activities under the Risk Management Framework including but not limited to the performances of KCSAs, KRI and ORF are attended to within the required time-frame.
- Ensure the regular verification and confirmation and substantiation of GL account balances relating to capital and reserve positions of the Banks are performed within the time-frame.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Senior Manager must meet the following criteria:
- Candidate must possess at least a Professional Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Banking with a Professional Qualification (ie. ACCA/CPA/CIMA)
- Experience on capital and liquidity management in the banking industry for at least 10 years
- Strong understanding of the underlying principles on banking capital and liquidity and the relevant rules and regulations and their impact on banking operations.
- Excellent knowledge and hands on experience on FTP and its underlying principle and its interaction with ALM activities.
- Able to work independently
- Strong analytical, writing, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills
What's on Offer
Being part of a leading company you will be offered a great package which includes:
- Attractive salary package
- Excellent career growth opportunities