You are here
Senior Cost Analyst (based in Ipoh) - Global MNC
- Exceptional opportunity to work in a dynamic industry
- Warm environment and culture
About Our Client
Our client is a world leader in the production and processing of natural resources, with a presence in over 50 countries across the world. Their products have made a significant impact to our everyday life which includes the construction, paint, paper, telecommunications and many others industries. Leveraging on their decades of experience and expertise, they have made a name for themselves through their well known previous and ongoing projects. Due to the growth of the business as well as the increased complexity of their business landscape, they are looking for a Senior Cost Analyst (based in Ipoh) to help expand their business within the country.
The Senior Cost Analyst will function as a business partner with the plant and financial management to effectively manage and control the operations of the plant. He/she will also lead the financial staff at the plant and be accountable for plant level responsibilities including cost accounting, business analysis and financial reporting. Other key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- In charge of plant costs timely analysis, and control of all cost components
- Determination of standard costs by product
- Responsible for clear, concise and accurate costs variance analysis
- Leading internal process compliance and workflow optimization
- Ensure stock value accuracy; Lead regular stock count and root cause analysis
- Work towards internal process and ERP usage optimization in finance and other support departments (purchasing, warehousing, logistic)
- Key contributor to the accounts closing process and other finance obligations
- Integral and active team member in preparation of Monthly Closing, Forecasts and Annual Budget, under the supervision of the BU financial controller, ensuring a strict compliance of Ipoh site with the pre-defined deadlines
- Ensure compliance of transactions and bookkeeping with accounting rules and internal practices
- Capex management to ensure all capex budgeted and forecasted are spent as per the timeline
- Provide support to decision making for the plant management, with the ability to build concise and meaningful financial projections
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned
The Successful Applicant
You will come with strong accounting skills, excellent written and verbal communications in English, and other key requirements which include:
- Minimum 8 years of working experience in Finance & Accounting positions, ideally manufacturing cost accounting / factory controlling functions in a manufacturing background.
- An recognised Bachelor's Degree, Professional Degree and preferably a member of any professional accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/CPA/MIA/CA)
- Must have significant Product Costing experience.
- Strong business acumen, accountability, control and process management skills.
- Positive attitude and strong communication skills
What's on Offer
Being part of a leading multinational company, you will be offered a lucrative package which includes:
- Good remuneration package (RM 8,000- RM 12,000, depending on experience)
- Excellent career prospects
- Opportunity to work within a leading company with strong growth prospects