You are here
- Opportunity to build your career with a MNC oriented environment
- Attractive remuneration package
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader in engineering services and solutions, with a worldwide presence employing over 12,000 of top talents globally. A well respected player boasting a strong track record of over 100 years historically, they are constantly building their talents and making the company a fun place to work. They believe in rewarding every achiever and are committed in ensuring a long-term personal development of their people. In line with the current succession planning, they are looking for an ambitious, result oriented team player to join as a Senior Accountant.
Reporting directly to the Finance Controller, this position will be primarily responsible for accounting, controlling and reporting of all business related transactions in Vietnam, Thailand and Malaysia. Besides meeting reporting timeliness and ensuring strict internal controls, the successful incumbent is expected to liaise with other functions, like Sales, Purchase and Human Resources to ensure smooth delivery of all business transactions. Other responsibilities include:
Month Closing activity
- Ensure completion of all accounting entries related to closure of books of account of a period.
- Preparation of monthly Flash Report of business transactions with necessary bridging of all parameters as desired.
- Preparation of the monthly Actual Reports along with necessary bridging.
- Prepare a necessary MIS of financial result of the business unit for review by senior management along with adequate analysis of the same.
- Provide necessary data and information to Corporate Accounts for finalisation of the financial results in Controller (part of group accounting).
- Review of critical accounts pertaining to Balance Sheet & Income Statement. Drive corrective actions where necessary.
- Preparation and publication of necessary Costing Budget as per the standard costing system followed by the organization.
- To prepare Variance Report of Actual versus Standard cost on a monthly basis.
- To support the above report with adequate analysis.
- Continuously work with Sales and Operation department towards reduction of adverse cost variances.
Accounting and audits
- Overview and control all activities of the finance department.
- Supervise the payables function to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensure the receivable related activities within the function.
- Preparation of annual budget and ensure budgetary controls and reporting.
- Liaise with auditors for auditing activities. This includes preparation of Analytical review of account balances.
- Ensure completion of the audit within the timeline.
- Provide necessary data explanation and information to the auditors to facilitate this process.
- Interact with colleagues in other functions to obtain relevant data and information to ensure completeness in accounting activity and also facilitate audits.
The Successful Applicant
The successful incumbent must possess the following requirements:
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent, with preferably an internationally recognized professional accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/CPA etc)
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting or audit
- Manufacturing based experience and exposure to SAP, would be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge in taxation, Accounting Standards and internal control processes.
- Good communication skill, and analytical skill as the incumbent must able to analyze and interpret financial results and numerically inclined.
- Able to work independently, or in a team environment.
What's on Offer
Being part of a leading MNC, you may enjoy benefits such as:
- Attractive remuneration package (RM8,000 - RM10,000 depending on experience)
- Opportunity for career progression within the organization
- Excellent working environment with a chance to work with like-minded individuals
- Ongoing technical and soft skills development