You are here
SEA Regional Director
- Senior Regional Role
- MD level
About Our Client
Our Client is a UK based company that specialises in the manufacturing and distribution of high end, innovative products that are utilised in Industrial sectors across a range of industries. They have been established in Asia for many years and are experiencing rapid growth.
Reporting to the APAC Managing Director this position will be responsible for all aspects of the SEA Business, Principal responsibilities will include:
- Manage the region with a focus on profitable sales and margin growth with tight control of costs, cash and working capital.
- Ensure the region is adequately organised and staffed to meet development plans including staff training.
- Develop annual strategic and operating plans and submit these to the Group for review and present to Senior Management.
- Champion Health, safety and environment improvements in accordance with the Group Framework and maintain external ISO standard accreditation's.
- Ensure Sales, Marketing and Distribution is developed to provide an environment which will grow the business quickly and profitably.
- Safeguard and improve assets including those in the Kuala Lumpur factory.
- Drive customer service quality improvements and technical support/training
- Manage the Kuala Lumpur Factory to provide an excellent level of customer service including on time delivery, acceptable lead times and technical support to customers and the sales force.
- Ensure profitable operation of the Kuala Lumpur Factory including cost reductions of components and control of sourcing activities.
- Build commitment for the shared vision of the Group by facilitating team communication, morale, effectiveness and compliance with the Groups Values and Behaviours.
- Be involved in mid to large sales opportunities with key customers and in driving the effectiveness of Dealer network.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have a strong track record of delivering Business growth through aggressive sales targets, key experience and skills will include:
- Engineering Degree (mechanical or chemical)
- Post graduate Business or Marketing Qualification would be advantageous
- Proven personal Selling and Sales Management experience with Industrial Products to Manufacturing Businesses in SEA.
- At least 5 years general management experience with P&L responsibility
- Would preferably have experience working in an industrial product multi-national listed corporation
- Willingness to challenge the status quo, set challenging and ambitious targets and deliver on them.
- Hands on and action orientated.
- Empathy with, and business exposure in the various countries of the region.
What's on Offer
An attractive salary package is on offer, it should also be noted that this position is open to expatriates but ideally those with exposure and experience within the SEA region