You are here
Sales Manager - General Trade
- Manage the General Trade
- Builld strong relationships with wholesalers
About Our Client
Our client is a global recognised leading FMCG organisation who hosts a number of high profile brands in the confectionery market. They offer a wide range of products including gum, mints, candy, lollipops etc. Their brands are instantly recognised and have been market leaders on the confectionery market for over 100 years. Due to a change of structure we are looking for a new Sales Manager to look after the General Trade accounts in Thailand.
You will deliver a sales business plan in line with the Country Business Plan and translate this into a qualitative and quantitative budget. You will contribute to the development and growth of the brands and develop a long-term sales strategy in order to ensure long term growth through category leadership. Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Develop and implement a sales strategy and sales activities in line with the BU-plan in order to achieve targets
- Deliver the agreed annual commercial plan, by collaboration with marketing for each identified launch, promotion, event, etc
- Take decisions and co-ordinate actions between partners and the internal organizations in order to improve total efficiency (logistics, financial, commercial) and to gain maximum short and long term profitability
- Develop and master outstanding professional relationship with Distributor - Distribution Network
- Effective RTM sell-in opportunities and possibilities in order to improve sales and brand performance
- Manage & maximize distribution of product portfolio - good distribution reach
- Co-ordinate resources and actions to ensure the flow of the activity i.e. meeting for distribution, merchandising, promotion to meet the sales budget within the budgeted conditions framework
- Increase Sales while reducing and controlling the receivables in a context of unsecured receivables and lack of liquidity
- Improve sales forecast KPI's in a highly dynamic environment and ensures forecast accuracy
- Overall management of key distributors in the region to ensure they strictly follow the strategic direction agreed between both parties
The Successful Applicant
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Be a university graduate, specialized in commerce/marketing or business management
- At least five years in sales and marketing, relevant experience in FMCG industry and MNC environment.
- Strong knowledge of FMCG distribution network and experience working in the General Trade market
- Proven record in formulating Sales Strategies for the General Trade and distributor management
Proven record in achieving set targets and a very good understanding in Retail audit
You will be willing to travel to regions within the country
Have good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills and be able to build collaborative relationships.
Have resilence and strong execution excellence plus discipline in getting things done via influencing and motivating others
Be analytical and have planning skills: define potentials/issues, setting objectives, strategies and action plan;
Be mature, reliable, aggressive, and able to work independently under pressure plus have the ability to work positively and collaboratively in a matrix organisation
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary, Car Allowance plus Bonus.