You are here
Regional Strategic Buyer (IT - Software)
Enhance your skills in procurement
Grow your career in a globally recognized organisation
About Our Client
Our client is a well known FMCG hub and due to expansion plans they are currently seeking a Regional Strategic Buyer (IT - Software) to be part of thier global team.
- Purchase IT/technology, software and professional services (PO's).
- Approve invoices relations to the department for payment to comply with company's administration procedures
- Keep management continually updated on current and long-term availability of required materials, services and anticipated price trend to enable company to fully optimize market opportunities
- Lead strategic IT category particularly software. Manage IT sourcing and procurement in partnership with IT leaders - identify requirements, forecast demand, identify suppliers, create and manage tenders
- Lead selection of suppliers, lead negotiation, and manage performance against contract service levels
- Lead supplier contracting - assure details are contractually captured (quotes, contracts, statements of work, metrics, etc.), negotiate terms and pricing, drive best value for the business, establish and communicate contracting time lines
- Manage supplier contracts to conclusion working in close partnership with Legal and internal stakeholders to ensure business requirements are captured and met. * Manage renewals and contractual amendments.
- Assure supplier risks are identified and managed throughout the sourcing lifecycle.
- Deliver optimal cost of ownership, savings and order intake targets while securing the delivery of projects in accordance with IT strategy.
- Deliver innovative commercial models, contributing to the category supplier roadmap and ensuring that longer term sourcing decision are considered during category development.
- Serve as IT category subject matter expert for organization, gather and communicate market intelligence and best practices
- Provide standardized process and documentation for all sourcing engagements.
- Act as the liaison on all bidder communications, negotiations and required meetings.
- Facilitate all internal meetings and manage sourcing evaluation process.
- Work closely with IT Business Units to establish Scope of Work and overall business requirements and standards.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors or Master's/MBA (preferred) degree in engineering, technology, business or other quantitative field of study
- FMCG experience is a MUST.
- 8+ years of strategic sourcing, vendor and contract management experience
- Strong experience in Software IT categories.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Experience with vendor risk management approaches and processes
- Experience in contract negotiations to include business, price and technical terms
- Strong contract management experience
- Knowledge of Strategic Sourcing processes, policies, and procedures
What's on Offer
- Excellent remuneration skills
- Opportunity to be part of a globally recognized organisation
- Enhance your skills in IT Category - Software