You are here
This position is now filled
Regional Sales Director - South East Asia
- Global FMCG MNC in Beverage, Food and Health
- Regional Sales Director role based out of Thailand
About Our Client
Our client is a Global FMCG MNC with some iconic brands in the Food / Beverage and Health Supplements market. They have instantly recognisable brand names that dominate certain categories across the Asia Pac region. As a global FMCG leader they employ over 40,000 employees and have revenues of over $22 Billion USD. They are looking to recruit a newly created position of Regional Sales Director to drive strategies to increase revenue and market share across the region.
As the Regional Sales Director you will be responsible for:
- Creating and building a high performance Sales Excellence culture & team across the Southeast Asia region. This includes recruitment, talent review, building bench strength for the leadership position and employee and team development.
- Partner closely with the local Business Units Heads and GMs to lead and drive sales strategy in markets in regards to route to market, new channels, general trade expansion, trade marketing, pricing to achieve best in class standards.
- Review current standards and set new benchmarks for customer segmentation, route planning, optimum field force strength and their KPIs for direct and indirect route to market models.
- Conceive category leadership strategy for the brands, build relationships with key accounts locally and where possible, regionally. Develop cutting edge partnerships with superior shopper insights and trade marketing tools for aggressive category growth. Build and maintain relationship and effective communication with key customers and distributors.
- Develop a robust, contemporary, results-driven ideas, solutions and sales skills certification methodology to ramp up new and existing sales team.
- Develop, manage, monitor new/existing product launch execution programs. Ensure broad adoption, measure progress/success, champion program planning and metrics.
- Establish sales performance metrics for local markets based on analysis of high performance and external benchmark data. Identify performance metrics for high consumer satisfaction and revenue growth. Embed metrics in sales team and sales management for accountability to sales growth.
- As part of HO think tank, influence strategic direction and setting business goals. Collaborate with Marketing centrally and ensure strong collaboration by local sales teams with their Marketing counterparts for consistency in direction and its execution.
- Guide recruitment, training and development of a strong, motivated sales team to position the organisation for high employee engagement, client satisfaction and accelerated revenue growth
- Provide disciplined and focused leadership to the sales organisation that will foster success based on a culture of respect for the customers and employees, integrity, collaboration and partnership, innovation and results.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and understanding of all clients and target markets
- Keep abreast of the market competitor's activities and industry trends to develop and implement a high growth strategy.
- Responsible for identifying new Business Development opportunities aligned to strategic objectives of our business, categories and products.
- Expand distribution into new channels and geographies. Develop optimum partnership models.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in applying for the role you should posses:
- Strong strategic FMCG sales experience and competence in leading sales teams through organisational change with positive business impact.
- Ability to influence, multi-task, research and analyse different industrial, distribution and retail situations to recommend and implement optimum route to market models.
- An enthusiastic, high-energy and motivating leader who is visibly passionate and is capable of inspiring and motivating an organization; not afraid to roll up his/her sleeves. A leader who creates loyalty, trust and following. One who can energise markets and sales teams, and make cross-functional cooperation happen. This individual must be highly respected by both subordinates and superiors.
- A strong focus on effective execution and an unrelenting drive to win. This individual must be strategic and creative - but strong execution capabilities are critical for success. Thinks and plans logically, making sure ideas and issues are thoroughly evaluated and that stakeholders are on board.
- Straightforward and effective communicator who sets clear direction for his/her team, and holds people accountable for their performance.
- Outstanding global business acumen and gravitas
- Encourages commercial innovation throughout the organisation with entrepreneurial spirit.
- Team builder, team player, and a leader.
- 8 to 10 years of extensive Business Development/Account Management experience in FMCG or Food Manufacturing Industry, regional/global coverage.
- Degree /Masters in Business or related qualifications.
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary, Bonus, Housing Allowance, Car Allowance an opportunity to drive real change in a newly created role.