You are here
Regional Engineering Director (Asia)
- Director Level Position for a reknown FMCG
- Wide Coverage Across Asia
About Our Client
Our client is a renowned player in the Consumer Goods industry with a strong presence globally. The role will be based out of their office in KL, involving some minor travelling to remote locations across Asia.
The Engineering Director is expected to provide technical excellence across a number of operational functions within the Engineering function in Asia. The incumbent will also possess strong leadership skills to drive best practices and regional initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading regional engineering projects and processes leveraging on common tools for estimation, project documentation, and equipment evaluation to improve the overall efficiency of all manufacturing facilities across Asia.
- Oversee the design, conceptualization, planning and execution of all regional projects.
- Setting direction for the company's long term plans in areas of budgeting, costing analysis, SPC and financial management of the Engineering teams.
- Ensuring optimum Health, Safety and Environment effort are implemented globally particularly in areas of Sustainability Engineering and Energy Management.
- Actively involved in the development and planning of Engineering best practices across the region.
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders (Suppliers, Leadership team, cross functionals decision makers and contractors) in areas of performance management.
- Providing Engineering support for all manufacturing facilities across the region in areas of Capital Expenditure Projects, Line Installation, Plant Expansion, Machineries upgrade and commissioning.
- Driving and actively involved in LEAN initiatives and programs to improve the work efficiency within the organisation.
- Work with Global Engineering and key contractors to improve the flexibility of all manufacturing processes.
- Managing a strategic network of key contacts and suppliers to ensure optimum performance.
- Improving key competencies of the Engineering team by constantly providing training and development programs.
The Successful Applicant
- 1st Level Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Automation) or higher.
- More than 10 years of experience in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods/Chemical/Pharmaceutical manufacturing industry with more than 5 years in CAPEX/Project Management.
- Strong proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
- Excellent Leadership and Interpersonal skills at a Regional level.
- Multi Sites/Countries Project Management experience would be highly regarded
- Willingness to travel across Asia/Europe
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be given a competitive remuneration package along with attractive company benefits. Expats with strong Project Management/Engineering experience are welcomed to apply.