You are here
Project Director to build Energy Power Plant
- Project Director
- to build Energy Power Plant
About Our Client
A local energy and power company is seeking a Project Director to manage large scale solar power plant construction from design to construction phases, acting on necessary changes to improve safety, quality, risk, schedule, budget, and operational performance of constructed facilities.
- To lead the construction team.
- To effectively manage and control the contractors performance in the construction of the Power Plant.
- To mitigate the Commercial, Regulatory and Contractual Risks.
- To manage the contractual and legal relationship with the client, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Leading all phases of Plant Construction e.g. Engineering review, obtaining Permits & clearances, Procurement, Contracts , Commercials, site Construction, Commissioning, Project commercial operations to handover of Projects
- Management of Construction progress in line with HSE & Quality policy, Budget & Schedule targets
- Day to day management decisions & implementation of long & short term plan
- Creating Shareholder's value & meeting contractual obligations
- Must closely work with Project Company CEO, Shareholder's representatives, EPC, OEM, Regulating authorities, Owner's engineers, Lenders, Insurers etc.
- Timely publication of reports, bulletins to meet various statutory & regulatory needs and lenders needs.
- Regular interaction with team , EPC and interested parties and conduct meetings
- Timely Highlighting of Key Issues & concerns along with probable solutions / options
The Successful Applicant
- University Engineering degree with minimum 20 years' Power Plant experience, worked as "Head - Construction " for minimum 5 years ,
- Ideally the candidate will have significant Solar Power Plant experience (10 + years) at Project Management level.
- Strong leadership and good communication skills are a requisite. The incumbent should have good negotiation, motivation and communication skills and be able to coach, mentor, and encourage people as a role model.
- Must be able to quickly adapt to changing business needs and have a thorough understanding of safety and environmental laws.
- A business sense, good commercial skills, good understanding of financial model, professional mastery with a deep exposure are required. Capability to administer contracts/agreements, draft agreements, and interpret contract terms and conditions is essential
- Proficient in English
- The candidate should be able to work in a broad cultural spectrum
What's on Offer
Very attractive remuneration