You are here
Production Planner - US MNC (Bangi)
- A great planning role with an established MNC
- A chance to be apart of a global company
About Our Client
Our client is a USA Fortune 500 Multinational Corporation with core business concentrating in self adhesive pressure-sensitive materials and our primary objective is to serve their customers with high-quality, cost-effective products and great service. They are looking for highly motivated individuals who possess skills, talent and creativity to succeed as a winning global team.
- Prepare coating production operational schedules and coordinate manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meet specifications. Finalize the master schedule for production team.
- Analyze and work with material requirements by determining the quantity and date materials are needed to ensure optimal inventory levels.
- Plan sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations relating to specific portion of the product for with input or guidance from Production and Process Engineering.
- Plan detail operations from engineering orders, change notices, and new product trials.
- Prepare shop work orders for materials and product processing and coordinate with material planners to ensure that items are being processed according to specifications and time requirements.
- Make comparative cost analyses in order to determine the most effective and efficient options for production scheduling, inventory, production, distribution, and transportation.
- Work with relevant material and sourcing planners to manage efficient material flow and influence logistics plans that will affect the production, distribution, and inventory of finish goods.
- Assist in the development of policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
- Conduct distribution and network studies, monitor inventory and analyze requirements in order to develop strategies to achieve desired delivery times and order fill rates.
- Stock and replenishment management at DC to ensure inventory at optimum level and zero stock out situation.
- Maintain appropriate records and prepare reports, in relation to production planning.
- Coordinate supply chain, material management, and logistics activities with internal/external customers.
- Participate or lead process effectiveness and continuous improvement projects.
- Implement lean concepts and continuous improvements regarding supply chain, material management, and processes.
- Responsible for project management and administration, including determining the direction and implementation of the project.
- For assigned projects; prepare detail of work plan and schedule, complete detailed analysis and research, identify options, prepare reports for management and recommend action or change.
- Serve as primary liaison to a business unit to ensure their supply chain, material management are met.
- Act as a focal point for interpretation of related policies and procedure
The Successful Applicant
- Candidate must possess at least a Higher Secondary/STPM/A Level/Pre-U, Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, any field.
- Required skill(s): MS Office.
- At least 4 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- At least 4 years experience in manufacturing environment (preferably with exposure in managing both local & export markets) with specific experience in material planning and inventory control.
- Technically strong and bright, with an analytical and inquisitive mind
- Applicants must be willing to work in Bangi.
- Preferably Senior Executives specializing in Manufacturing/Production Operations or equivalent.
- MFG/PRO is preferred
What's on Offer
- Great Remuneration Package
- Excellent career progression