You are here
Procurement & SC Manager
- Strategic Procurement
- Renewable energy Sector
About Our Client
Our client is a Renewable Energy solution provider, they construct and operate Power Plants across SEA often built in remote locations. They are a Multinational company, expanding rapidly with operations and projects around the globe. Headquartered in Europe their regional office is based here in KL.
This position will focus on Procurement, Supplier Management and Logistics, key points as follows:
- Identify relevant suppliers, negotiate price, delivery conditions and payment terms
- Allocate materials and purchase volumes to selected suppliers
- Drive the effort to increase supplier performance and reduce lead time and cost
- Audit Supplier Quality
- Organise purchased materials into logical commodity classes, and develop price and quality improvement targets for each commodity class.
- Organise purchased material into usage classes (one-off, repeat) and define best supply policy for each class.
- Work with project managers and Engineering to standardise products.
- Develop alliances with key suppliers and contractors to replace RFQ per project.
- Negotiate yearly volume purchases from preferred suppliers
- Inform suppliers of planned usage
- Place purchase orders and call-off orders with suppliers
- Maintain the ordering parameters in function of market conditions
- Follow-up on purchase order status to ensure on-time deliveries
- Organise and analyse RFQ for each project and determine winners with the project manager for commodities not covered by alliances.
- Organise transport from suppliers to project sites
- Combine deliveries to minimise transport costs to project sites
- Maintain visibility of deliveries during shipment and keep project manager informed
- Select transport modes & Operators to minimise transit times and costs
- Develop a score card and relevant KPI to follow-up supplier performance as well as Supply Chain department performance
- Develop a price development index for main commodity classes and present to management
- Present the results to into the monthly Project Review Meeting (PMO Meeting)
- Liaise with the procurement function at group level to spread best practices throughout the group.
- Negotiate global purchases of key commodities
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be a degree holder with 5-10 years experience in Procurement and Supply Chain roles. Experience in project based Procurement would be an advantage in industries such as Construction, Power, Utilities, Waste Water or O&G.
You will have a strong sense of urgency, good communication skills and be comfortable working under strict deadlines
What's on Offer
An attractive salary package and bonus scheme is on offer as well as an opportunity to join an expanding company in the renewable energy space.