You are here
Procurement Director - APAC
- Key Leadership role - APAC coverage
- International MNC - FMCG company
About Our Client
Our client is a well-established MNC with over 20 years of successful track record within Malaysia. In light of their continual growth they are seeking a Procurement Director (APAC) to provide strategic direction pertaining to procurement policies across the region.
The Procurement Director of the Asia Pacific Region is an integral member of the Global Procurement Leadership Team and will work with Departmental Heads to implement consistent regional objectives and ensure region is fully integrated and consolidated as part of the global procurement organization.
This role would require the incumbent to roll-out new initiatives and provide strategic direction to the regional procurement teams and oversee procurement activities of raw materials, packaging, third party manufacturing and indirect goods and services.
Your responsibilities would include:-
- Overall procurement operation leadership of region (China, Japan, Korea, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Australia, New Zealand etc)
- Organizational capability development, succession plan development, talent acquisition with specific and measurable deliverables for results and development across the region
- Ensuring the expanding regional needs of the business are met and exceeded, while growing organizational capability in procurement to ensure results can be sustained
- Developing, through the various country procurement leaders, global, regional and local strategies to ensure competition and flexibility of supply at best cost, while leveraging the capabilities and innovation of our supply base in the region
- Integrating and ensuring depth of market insight for the global procurement leadership team and global commodity leads for the region as a supply base to the world
- Regional business team / manufacturing and operations liaison for procurement, as the overall resource and procurement strategy owner for the region
- Representing the region, people and functional strategies on the global procurement leadership team
- Accountable to deliver special projects for the procurement function for acquisitions and key New Product Development activities in the region.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum: Bachelors of Science/Arts degree required Engineering/Science degree preferred; MBA/MS a plus
- Minimum: 15 years of procurement, and business experience, with at least 10 years in procurement leadership role
- FMCG industry experience is preferred
- Proven track record of cross functional collaboration
- Ability to think and act globally as well as regionally
- Leadership and management skills: Demonstrated ability to inspire others to reach an important goal
- Adaptability: Ability to understand and drive consistent safety standards across a diverse & global organization
- Project management orientation: Ability to develop and drive an agenda of sustainable changes to the organization
What's on Offer
- Fantastic opportunity to fast-track your career
- Opportunity to work for an international company with progressive and sophisticated systems
- Attractive package and fringe benefits