You are here
Process R&D Manager - Agribusiness/Plant
- Competitive salary package
- Global exposure with significant travel opportunities
About Our Client
Our client is one of the world's leading brands in agribusiness with a strong presence in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific. They encourage a culture of performance-based rewards, risk-taking, cross-functional collaboration, and continuous learning.
- Manage and oversee the execution of research projects both in Malaysia and abroad to develop commercially viable extraction and purification techniques from plant sources.
- Explore the use of absorption chromatography, ion-exchange chromatography, SMBC processes, enzyme-assisted extraction, antisolvent crystallization/precipitation, and membrane separation processes to extract and purify natural compounds.
- Use molecular biology techniques for assessing/improving performance and characteristics of biocatalysts and industrial microorganisms.
- Manage and guide a team of researchers on multiple projects, being responsible for their performance and overall training/learning.
- Develop SOPs and guidelines relevant to industry standards.
- Provide technical support for scale up of trials to industrial level.
- Liaise and outsource tasks requiring niche skills and special instrumentation to third party service providers.
The Successful Applicant
- At least a PhD in biotechnology, chemical sciences, or the equivalent.
- Prior experienced/exposure in analytical chemistry/instrumentation, separation processes, enzyme technology, fermentation, molecular biology, and process/pharmaceutical/organic chemistry.
- 5-10 years of work experience having done extraction and purification of naturally occurring compounds.
- Proficiency in Mandarin a must.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and a genuine interest in developing talent.
What's on Offer
Global exposure, significant travel opportunities, comprehensive salary package, new learning opportunities, career progression, and job satisfaction.