You are here
Ocean Freight Manager
- Challenging career with an attractive remuneration package
- Opportunity to join renowned MNC
About Our Client
A renowned MNC based in Selangor is looking for an experienced Ocean Freight Manager to join their team immediately!
- Leads the execution of commercial ocean freight strategy in country.
- Responsible to ensure the department delivers adequate opportunity prioritization, pricing, routing and solution design in alignment with Sales.
- In-charge of various responsibilities related to country pricing including the execution of pricing campaigns.
- Liaises with local country ocean freight stakeholders, typically department heads
- Manages risk taking process and drives country decision making on risk taking.
- Drives competitive pricing on local charges and monitors compliance of country to global pricing standards.
- Provides pricing for Sales growth on country level (including standard factor based pricing methodology), supports and follows up with Sales. Interacts with customers in alignment with Sales.
- Executes country bid response, in particular qualification of bids received, formulation of bid strategy, gathering and checking of pricing inputs, consolidates country bid response.
- Designs adequate solutions for customers based on the input of Sales and takes pricing decisions.
- Selects, trains and develops the country team.
- Proactively drives continuous process improvements to raise quality and shorten throughput times.
- Acts as ocean freight subject matter experts in trainings, for customer visits, local conferences, etc.
- Acts as go-to entity in country for special global projects.
- Sets and monitors objectives in terms of profitability maximization and volume growth.
The Successful Applicant
- At least 5 years relevant experience and with profound knowledge of ocean freight forwarding business.
- Proven track record in people management role and manage pressure at work.
- Strong project management skills and ability to cope with multiple bids in parallel.
- Strong analytical skills, good communication skills and problem-solving mentality
- Commercial experience and capabilities.
What's on Offer
Challenging career with an attractive remuneration package awaits successful candidate.