You are here
Natioanl Sales Manager
- Major global FMCG confectionary business
- National Sales looking after Modern Trade
About Our Client
Our client is one of the Globes leading FMCG confectionery businesses that has been established for over 100 years and delivers revenues over $5 billion USD per annum. The company has over 50 brands most of which are truly iconic brands across the globe. They pride themselves on delivering high quality delicious products for all to enjoy. We are looking for a National Sales Manager to manage Thailand's Modern Trade business.
The key responsibilities for the role for the role will include:
- Oversees the delivery of the sales goals through management of the key distributors through well defined Key Performance Indicators. The KPIs reflect and show sales strategies being executed as planned across the market. KPIs includes but is not limited to: gross invoice sales, in-country sales, speed to shelf, distributor and trade inventory and meeting retail driver standards. The role owns the delivery of the sales KPIs.
- Although you will have no direct reports the role is an active participant in determining in-market recruitment, retention and rewarding processes and programs for his or her market. This includes the distributor where relevant. Internally, this role is responsible for the creation of and execution of sales incentives and where appropriate, incentives for distributor partners.
- Defines and grows the business through effective customer marketing and sales organisation, Channel and key customer strategies at trade level for specific markets and or geographic areas under the business unit. You will own a marketing budget and be responsible for all above and below the line marketing initiatives.
- Delivers the agreed market strategies in-store or channels. The role articulates and delivers to his or her marketing partners ideas, positions and insights that will deliver the right positioning, price, product, promotion and place for markets under the business unit. The role is a key participant in the development of marketing plans and strategies and owns the delivery of marketing ambitions in channels, customers and categories.
- Co- owns and co- leads the execution of a healthy P&L for the market which includes but is not limited to: total business, brands, channel and customer P&Ls as well as sales to expense and controllable SG&A lines.
The Successful Applicant
You will have a minimum of 8 years solid work experience in FMCG sales in key account management, and distributor management in the modern trade in Thailand. You will show demonstrated ability in key functional tasks and a clear progression in your career in terms of areas of responsibility and increase in business size and complexity. You will have held role in both Sales and Marketing. You should posses the following competencies:
- Thinks strategically by clearly anticipating future trends, challenges, and consequences, creating breakthrough strategies and plans to achieve a competitive advantage, and proactively adjusting strategies and plans in order to sustain a competitive advantage.
- Understands how businesses work including how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. Maintains working knowledge of competitors as well as current and possible future policies, practices, trends and information affecting his/ her business and organisation.
- Pushes self and others to exceed goals and achieve breakthrough results. Recognises the key actions necessary to achieve results; establishes and communicates the priorities to others; and, maintains own and others focus on achieving the important goals. Demonstrates persistence in overcoming roadblocks to achieving results and encourages others to do the same
- Uses a systematic process to solve difficult problems including gathering and examining information from a variety of sources; identifying the root cause of problems; drawing appropriate conclusions; generating viable solutions; and, weighing the pros and cons to arrive at a final decision. Makes decision in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Motivates distributor teams or project members to perform at their highest potential by understanding their individual needs, soliciting their input, empowering them to achieve breakthrough results, holding individuals accountable for own actions, and recognising individual contributions and achievements. Takes an active role in developing others, including hold development discussions, constructing development plants and monitoring progress toward goals, providing stretch tasks and assignments, providing timely, honest, and "actionable" feedback, and taking corrective action as necessary.
What's on Offer
A role which offer lots of autonomy over the Thailand business and opportunity to develop your career oversees. Competitive base salary and attractive additional allowances.