You are here
Mineral Chemist ( R&D)
- Exciting Technical Leadership Role with an Australian Company
- Good career path with a MNC
About Our Client
Our client is a MNC mining company who has setup their facilities in Pahang.
- Maintain high standards in HSE
- Provide technical leadership for Laboratory , Plant investigations, Improvement projects
- R&D for best methodologies and operational procedures
- Improve technical depth and knowledge with the LAb Team
- Support Lab Manager and all operational staff on all Quality , turnaround and improvement activities
- provide technical lead for the development of an ISO framework for Lab Certification
- Well verse with ISO 17025, Lab Management System , ICP and XRF instruments and able to upkeep the standards
- Managing a team of Junior Chemist and developing them.
The Successful Applicant
- Possess good command of English
- Must be willing to be based in Kuantan, Pahang.
- Proven R+D capability in an Industrial or mining Laboratory setting.
- Strong technical and report writing capabilities
- Possess a Bachelor of Science (Chemistry) or related discipline.
- Worked as a Chemist in a senior position for more than 10 years with focus on R+D
- Experience in leading and managing R+D projects in a commercial or production laboratory, preferably in the minerals or inorganic chemistry fields
- Hands on experience with developing methods for and optimizing the set up, calibration, and operation of ICP and XRF instruments
- Well versed in Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Quality Management Systems
- Well versed in extracting key quality data from the Laboratory Management Information System (LIMs)
- Preferably a person who has worked in an ISO 17025 Certified Laboratory environment.
- Open to having expatriates
What's on Offer
Good remuneration package